Fuji vs Momo

After Ryoma left Tezuka insisted that they continue practice anyway. So now Momo was sluggishly trailing after a smiling Fuji to the center of the field.

"Why so depressed Momo?" Fuji asked

Momo growled "Don't act so innocent, you know exactly why."

Fuji chuckled "Are you saying you have not improved much since last time?"

"Oh I defiantly improved, but I know for a fact you have too."

Fuji nodded his head and stopped walking causing Momo to bump into his back. "Shall we start?" he asked

Momo smirked and took this opportunity to his advantage by taking one quick step back and putting all his strength into his fist that was coming toward the back of Fuji's head. However instead of his fist connecting with Fuji like he wished, he hit a shimmering golden shield instead. Momo clicked his tongue and started consecutively punching the shield to eventually weaken it enough to get through. Every time Momo glanced up to look at Fuji he would get angrier just seeing that stupid smile taunting him, almost as if Fuji was saying 'you could never possibly break through'. Momo's rage would then fuel his punches and he started punching faster and harder too. Soon cracks began to form on the golden shield, and Momo saw Fuji's smile falter. Grinning Momo continued with even faster and stronger punches. He couldn't feel the pain on his fists from punching to much, too focused and getting through that lame shield. so when the shield finally fell and Momo saw the shocked look on Fuji's face, he grinned and quickly lunged towards Fuji aiming at his face. Only when his fist connected, Fuji had completely shattered and fell to the ground in pieces.

"Damn" Momo said pissed as soon as he realized that the Fuji he saw was all just an illusion. Quickly Momo turned around to look for Fuji, but suddenly dark shadows began to circle around him. Soon enough Momo was placed in absolute darkness. "Ah Shit!" he managed to mutter before the first 'trial' started.

-

-

-

Fuji, as soon as he casted the illusion of himself behind the shield, left to go stand by the spectators. He didn't cross the barrier because technically the battle was still going on, but he was close enough to talk to everyone else.

"Fujiko, why is momo just punching one of your shields even though you're not over there?" Eiji asked once he noticed Fuji had come by.

"Ah, he is currently seeing the illusion of myself behind that shield." Fuji answered.

Eiji nodded. So for several minutes everyone just watched Momo use all his energy to get through a shield for no reason. When Momo finally got through Taka-san started to get a little worried.

"A-ano Fuji?" he said timidly

"Yes Taka-san" Fuji replied while still keeping his eyes on Momo

"shouldn't you be going back over there, Momo had got through."

Fuji smiled and turned to look at Taka-san "Sa, you'll see."

Taka-san looked strangely at Fuji but decided to just turn his attention back to Momo. What he saw was Momo looking extremely pissed while he was frantically looking around for something. However suddenly Momo's face started to get a little pale and he seemed very frightened.

"Fuji what is going on now?" Inui asked with his notebook out and ready.

"I set up Trials." at the confused looks of everyone else Fuji elaborated. "Trials surround the person in a dark room and show you your fears one by one. the longer you spend in there the stronger the fears become."