Competition Introduction

The day that everyone has finally been waiting for has come. The day the very much anticipated school competition starts. Echizen and his team along with the rest of the student body found themselves gathered in their designated sections of the stadium. The student body had the best seats available because it is their home school, while the visiting guests were located in the higher areas of the stands.

The competition took place in an indoor fighting stadium located at the back of the school grounds. To be honest, no one knew about the stadium until a lot later in the school year. Echizen imagined that the reason was that there was no stadium and that it just now had been built specifically for the competition. Apparently thanks to a particular benefactor. Of course, all that didn't matter, what mattered was that now the competition had an official place to take place.

It was nice though. A large ring right in the center with row after row of seats surrounding it. The circle was large enough for multiple people to fight against one another long range but not too big to where one could keep running away to avoid close combat. The stadium was also high enough for thousands of people to sit and watch the fighting below. The school competition was not only open for the students to attend, sure only students could participate, but the whole world could come and watch if they would like. It was mainly because the outcome of the competition could result in a significant change. After all, it is not every day where someone could gain a chance to get whatever it is one would want with no strings attached. (well besides
having to win the competition)

Of course, several volunteers make up the competition staff. Five people specializing in barrier spells or counter techniques were rooted evenly around the ring to prevent rogue spells or anything else that could potentially harm the audience. Five more people were placed at each exit or entrance of the stadium to avoid anyone or anything harmful. With how much was riding on the competition people wishing to sabotage or harm competitors were expected, thus the need for security. There was no need for a medical staff because each team competing were required to have a healer. If anything happened to the competitors that the team healers could do nothing about then, well nothing can be done. The competitors were competing at their own risk after all. With that said the same goes for the audience, however, due to the prevention staff located around the ring its assumed no spectators can be harmed. If something happens to bypass the staff then... well hope that does not occur. Other than that the only other staff members would be the reporters from each race and the announcer. The reporters, of course, had their section upfront as well for the best views and the announcer had a stop up top in a secluded box.

Echizen had heard that the announcer would be a special guest and requested they be hidden from view. For privacy reasons unknown to the public, this unique guest did not like public occasions but decided to take part in this possible life-changing event. With that said they had their private box above the stands and would be the only spokesperson for the competition.

"Alright, men! Today is our time to shine, Tezuka tell us what to do!" Momo yelled out standing up in his seat. The whole team was seated in their spot glancing around watching as people entered the stadium. The seating order goes as follows: Fuji, Echizen, Momo, Kaido, Tezuka, Oishi, Eiji, Inui, Taka-san.

Tezuka nodded and stood up as momo sat back down. "I was informed earlier as I signed us in
that we would be taking part in the second half of the preliminaries."

Momo raised a fist in the air. "Yes! that means we can get a feel for how the competition works before we have to fight."

The rest of the team nodded in agreement.

"Exactly, now with that said I believe it is best we observe the different fighting styles and strategies. See what works best against what and what failed." Inui continued.