Tezuka

Several months have gone by since the first week of training with the team and things have been pretty slow. Everyone continued to work on their weaknesses and by the end of the month Tezuka would have mock battles again. Each person went up against someone different every time in order to discover new weaknesses. This training pattern went on for each month. Classes were not any different. Each race would listen to the teacher's lecture and a quiz would be given by the end of the month as well. Well everyone except the Vampires that had self study and took the tests whenever they finished the chapter themselves. Due to this system though the boys on Ryoma's team were very exhausted physically and mentally at the end of every month. Making it very easy for Ryoma to gather the information he needed.

This moment was one of the rare times Tezuka was by himself without Fuji or Inui in the classroom. The other two had wanted to buy their lunch in the cafeteria and left Tezuka, who had brought his own, in the classroom by himself. Tezuka was perfectly okay with this situation, in fact he enjoyed the silence and took to opportunity to finish reading his book. However he felt someone sit right in front of him. So Tezuka sighed and looked up expecting either Fuji or Momo because the two loved to bother him. So when he noticed the smaller Vampire in front of him he was actually very surprised. Ryoma rarely ever came to talk to him, the boy basically avoided everyone on the team.

Tezuka blinked a couple of times at boy who was sitting backwards in the chair in front of him with a blank face and his arms crossed on top of chair. When no one spoke Tezuka closed him book and put it back in his bag. He figured that perhaps Ryoma believed that he was still reading and didn't noticed him yet. He didn't want to embarrass or offend the Vampire so he just put his book away without saying anything.

"Bouchou." Ryoma said as Tezuka was closing his bookbag. Over the past few month everyone has been calling him that. Momo started it as a joke but then it caught on and sort of became habit.

Tezuka nodded as a sign that Ryoma had got his attention. "What was your life like before coming to this school." Echizen asked

Tezuka was startled by the question, and it took him awhile to reply back. "It was like any other Mortal."

Ryoma nodded and looked down at the desk with his hair covering his eyes. For a moment Tezuka believed that when Echizen looked down his eyes started to glow. Nothing happened, he didn't feel any different, and there was no water anywhere so Echizen did not use any magic. Perhaps he is just too tired and imagined it.

After a moment of awkward silence Ryoma stood up and started to walk out of his classroom. He did a small wave in Tezuka's direction as if to say 'see ya' and disappeared.

Now that was strange. Tezuka shock his head and once again sighed. He would never understand the small Vampire. Ever since the boy joined the team he was mystery to Tezuka. His question before he left though stirred up bad memories.

When he was younger Tezuka was considered weak even for a Mortal. His parents had abandoned him shortly after he was born for reasons unknown and he was taken in by a stranger.

'Poor thing, he probably wont survive the night'

He was raised in an isolated forest with the stranger until the person passed away from old age when Tezuka was 4, so naturally he became a fragile child. Tezuka wandered the forest until he came across a human civilization where he decided to stick around. However Tezuka still lived in the forest and took care of himself the best he could, occasionally visiting in the town. Still due to his weaknesses he was constantly teased by the other kids in the neighborhood.

'Bastard child'

'Stupid'

'No one wants you here'

Tezuka constantly cried himself to sleep during those times.

'Worthless'

'How pathetic'

'Crybaby'

Eventually Tezuka believed emotions to be a sign of weakness. So he learned to keep his emotions in check and hidden from everyone. His entire life growing up was him training in the forest to become stronger. He did not like the feeling of being weak. The realities of the world were forcing him to grow up quicker.

But one day a young boy stumbled upon his training area, and things changed a little since then.

'Hello, why are you by yourself?'

After spending weeks with this boy He learned that strength is not everything and that acknowledging weaknesses made one stronger. Tezuka learned a lot more other than that too but it wasn't as important. The two boys talked about everything, well mainly the other boy, and they became fast friends.

'Tezuka why don't you come with me?'

He left his forest home of many years not long after meeting the boy to follow in his new friends path. They met some more people just like them along the way and even enrolled in the school together.

Tezuka smiled slightly to himself remembering how much that boy changed his life.

'One day I promise things will change'

He truly believed that if it were not for the boy Tezuka would still be in that forest training himself to death trying to prove himself to the people who teased him. Tezuka stood up grabbed his things and made his way out of the classroom. Guess it was time to go meet up with Fuji again.

Even though Fuji got on Tezuka's nerves a lot, it didn't matter much to him. Tezuka will always be grateful to Fuji for taking him away from that forest that day. Even if to Fuji it meant nothing, or if it was a small thing. To Tezuka it was the first time someone actually noticed him, and not for some weakness.

After Tezuka's figure disappeared down the hallway a dark shadow with glowing eyes moved out from behind the classroom door. There was Echizen standing with his hands in his pockets smirking.

"One down Ten more to go." he muttered to himself. The next few months will defiantly be interesting ones.

-

-

-

-

A/N: so small little insight on Tezuka's background. Of course the next few chapters will be just like this one but featuring other characters. Sorry its short (probably the shortest) but I did not want to do a full background just certain parts that I needed for a specific event and I still struggle with writing Tezuka's character. More details will show up in the future tho that explain some things.

Other characters that I struggle with will also have short chapters but I will be making up for it in the chapters that have the featuring characters. For example Fuji will have a much longer background chapter.

Anyway I have started to become very busy with work and school you know how life goes. (Darn life is out to get me I swear) I'll try to update quickly but no promises. Sorry