Inui

Inui was having a grand time observing what appears to be different teams practicing out on the fields. It was a great opportunity to learn what his own team could be up against at the nearing competition. So he took advantage of this precious moment and was furiously writing in his notebook while hiding behind a nearby bush. That is until he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. Startled Inui quickly turned around to come face to face with his teams own Vampire. The smaller boy was smirking, probably happy that he had surprised Inui.

"Ah, hello Echizen." Inui said with a subtle bow once he recovered from his shock.

Echizen nodded to him in response. They just stood there for awhile until Echizen finally spoke up. "I was walking by thinking about something when I noticed you. Figured why not just ask the person in question."

Inui blinked at that. Then tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, urging the younger Vampire to just ask.

"What was your life like before coming to this school?"

"Filled with data." Inui answered without any hesitation.

Echizen smirked at him and turned around. The boy started to walk away and waved his hand slightly in Inui's direction. Inui believed that apparently Echizen was satisfied and decided not to stick around. Which was fine by him he needed to turn his attention back onto the teams that were practicing out on the fields. However for some reason he was not feeling up to it. So Inui sat down on the grass and just let his mind wonder onto the weird encounter just now. It was very strange of Echizen to ask something like that. It was even stranger that Inui had given such a vague answer as well. For some reason it brought about some memories.

At a very young age Inui believed data was his everything in life. His parents were scientists after all. Inui as a boy helped his parent organize data and give conclusions based on observations. He would always be outside watching the people in town, the nearby animals, or the sky.

64% chance of rain today

However Inui did not have much friends because of this. People found him strange and they didn't like how blunt he could be with his data. Naturally Humans don't like to be analyzed.

Data freak

Inui did not need to go outside and make friends anyway because he always had his parents, even if they were not always around much. His parents were all about data just like him, and would train Inui in the data ways of life.

Son what would you think about this.

Inui rarely saw his parents leave the house or specifically the basement, which was off limits to him. Sometimes he would notice them at nights when they sneaked off for a couple of hours, other than that several days could go by with it being just him. One day however government officials raided his home in search for his mother and father. They forcibly grabbed him and restricted his movements while they tore apart his home. The officials even went down into the forbidden basement.

They aren't here

Inui was stuck in a dark, cold cell after that night. His parents were nowhere to be found and had apparently left a couple of days ago. Although once the officials finished questioning him he was transferred to another human establishment. Inui was now to be taken care of by this new mortal family. He was happy and well cared for to be honest. This family even had a son his age who also was obsessed with data. The two boys were the best of friends and agreed to stick together no matter what.

As Inui got older he soon realized what happened with his parents. They were accused of human experimentation and fled in fear of being captured. Apparently his parents were trying to use Inui as a distraction so they had more time to hide. The government officials never did find his parents, so they are still out there somewhere. Yet Inui did not really care. The love he had for his parents transferred to the family that actually treated him as a member. He now loved his new family so much more. To be honest if Inui saw his parents now he would show no emotion. He might even turn them in.

Inui shook his head. This was the only thing he could not determine with his data. Sure he wanted to believe that he did not care for his parents at all but the bond they have as family could change things. Seeing his parents in person may trigger that family bond response. That's why in the back of his head he wished that his parents were truly gone from his life. Unpredictable data was something he did not care for at all.

Inui shook his head again. There was no point in thinking about this. It was highly unlikely that his parents would ever show up again. So with this topic officially buried down in the depths of his mind once again Inui got up and made his way back home. Inui smiled thinking he would be able to discus some new data to his best friend and brother, Renji.

Slightly further away from where Inui was just at, a figure with glowing eyes was leaning against a wall hidden in the shadows. As Inui got further out of sight the figures eyes were fading back to its original hazel color. Ryoma pushed off from the wall and walked away with a frown on his face.

Ryoma sighed and softly muttered to himself "Two down, Nine more to go huh."

"Nine more of what exactly Ryoma?"

Ryoma stopped in his tracks and turned towards where the voice came from. "Nothing for you to be concerned about Nanako.

Nanako glared at Ryoma she did not like that kind of answer, yet trying to force it from her cousin was pointless so she dropped it. Instead she brought up something that she has been concerned about for awhile.

"Ryoma I was wondering where have you been staying lately. I have yet to find your place of residence and I highly doubt you would be living in the forest right?" she asked quite unsure of the answer, because even if it was unlikely Ryoma might really be living like a bum. She knew how lazy her cousin could be.

Ryoma just shrugged. "With this boy I met when I first arrived at this school."

Nanako's eyes went wide. "You mean you actually made a friend?!" she exclaimed clearly shocked and somewhat happy.

"tch." Ryoma scowled at the older girl and started walking away again.

"Does he know who you really are?" she asked loudly so he can hear her, after all she did not bother move and follow him. she only came to check up on Ryoma and do a little errand.

"Doubt the human has even figured out I'm a Vampire." he responded still walking away.

"right okay..." Nanako muttered, but then Ryomas answer finally settled in. "Wait What?!" she practically yelled. However Ryoma was not longer in sight.

Enraged at just being left like that, Nanako started stopping off in the opposite direction toward the forest. There was no way she was going to let Ryoma stay in an unguarded home with humans. It was not like she hated Human, the opposite in fact, She just could not rely on them to protect their prince. She may hold power over their race but the people still needed Ryoma. She could never live with herself if the prince, her cousin, got hurt. So off she went to build a suitable small hidden home in the forest for Ryoma to stay at.

-

-

-

-

A/N: Sooooooooo how am I doing do far? I know its a little weird but bare with me please. Italic parts are important I swear, and don't worry Ryoma's mysterious power will be reveled soon.

Speaking of which does anyone have any guesses as to what Ryoma's magic actually is? I kind of curious if I made it too obvious or not obvious enough, so please tell me your guesses. That is if you want to.

Anyway once again Thanks for all the reviews, follows, and favorites. I'm super happy that this story is being well received.