Fuji

Fuji followed Echizen and Momo all the way to a burger restaurant. Momo was still pestering Echizen about how he managed to escape Fuji's spell, and Echizen continued to ignore him. Although once Echizen gave his order to the cashier Momo started crying muttering something along the lines of his poor wallet.

Fuji chuckled at the scene; he was curious too about how Ryoma managed to overcome his spell. He suspected the use of vampiric magic, but that wouldn't make sense because of the layout of his spell.

The 'trails' was a spell cast on the person's mind. In other words, outside magic was impossible to cast while stuck in Fuji's spell. Well, they can try to cast magic, but it wouldn't work in the world the 'trials' were set in. Rather, the spell a person cast would affect the current reality instead.

For example if Echizen used his water magic while in the 'trials Fuji, who would be watching would see the acid water shooting at nothing in particular. Where Echizen would not see the effects of his spell at all. The 'trials' is all in the mind something physical magic would not be able to break into.

Now mental magic is a different thing. However mental magic would not break his spell so quickly. Fuji created this spell on his own and had done very extensive research into different kinds of magic so it would be impossible to break. The only way someone could overcome his spell is by willpower alone. Seriously the only way to know for sure how Ryoma managed to overcome his spell is to ask.

So Fuji waited. He waited until Momo and Echizen were done with their little quarrel to ask.

"Ryoma."

Echizen looked up from his food to glance at Fuji.

"How did you get out of my spell?"

"Yeah, that's what I would like to know." Momo cut in. "One of you obviously cheated!" he accused while pointing back and forth between Fuji and Echizen.

Echizen just grinned "I have nothing to fear so what could that spell possibly show me?"

"Impossible, everyone has something they fear." Momo retorted.

Echizen gave the two of them a sad smile. Something that completely shocked Momo and Fuji because they never thought Echizen would have that look. "I've conquered my fears long ago, so there is nothing left for me to be afraid of."

Momo stared at Echizen for a very long time, then sighed and stood up from where they were seated in the restaurant. "That just means I obviously need more training. Now that I know it's possible I won't stop until I break that spell." He said before he left, making it just Fuji and Echizen at the table.

Fuji groaned at the comment. "Thank-you Ryoma, now I will be forced to do more work."

"Payback."

Fuji smirked. "Anyway Ryoma."

"Hm," Ryoma muttered while he turned his attention to the rest of his food.

"I heard you have been questioning the team." Ryoma remained silent, so Fuji decided to continue. "Was that the real reason you decided to stay behind with Momo and me."

Ryoma continued to ignore fuji and focused on eating.

"Am I going to be interrogated by the very own vampire prince himself.

Ryoma choked on his food, looked up at Fuji and hissed. "Don't be so loud. I knew you knowing would be a bad thing."

Fuji smiled "So are you going to ask about my past like the others, or go about it in a more invading way like with Momo."

Ryoma just stared at Fuji with a blank look. "I don't need to."

Fuji's smile faltered at that. Did Ryoma not want to know about his past. Was he not that important to the vampire where he doesn't get the same treatment as the others. Was he not necessary for whatever the boy was planning. Was Fuji not needed?
Several thoughts like this were running rampant in Fuji's mind, and apparently it showed on his face because Ryoma was looking at him strangely.