Eiji V.S. Kaido

The next day Ryoma found himself sluggishly walking onto one of the many school fields. His teammates had decided it was a good idea to have morning practices. Irritated at having to wake up early he completely ignored all the greetings the others had given him and found a spot to lay down at. He really didn't want to be there in the first place but not showing up meant relentless bugging from his nosy teammates. Of course though someone always had to bother him no matter what, and this time that someone was Momo.

"Hey Echizen, I heard from Eiji your magic is a water type."

Ryoma ignored him and closed his eyes as if he were to fall asleep. Which since he wasn't a morning person was quite possible. Momo just chuckled at the boy, clearly amused. Tezuka, who was talking with Inui earlier, turned to face the team and clapped his hand to get their attention.

"Today I wanted to test you all against each other in order to discover your weaknesses." He said

"Afterwards I shall give each of you an individual training menu that will focus on improving those weaknesses." Inui added. "With that said based on each of your abilities, I have choses opponents best suitable for this purpose."

"Hm not based on race then?" Ryoma muttered. Honestly he still did not trust these people. Sure they all said they wanted to change the way the world works, but reality is cruel. There have been several rebel groups that want to demolish the Social system within the Vampire community. Each of those groups had failed miserably in heir attempts, and it was not because they had been weak. No, they were all incredibly stupid. All they would say were 'change the system, destroy the royal family' over and over again. When we tried holding meetings to work with them all their main points were just baseless statements. They had no plans whatsoever to back up their ideals, and expected the royal family to do everything for them. Ryoma was worried this group would end up just the same. Just a bunch of young people with only words and no action. True they were entering this competition in hopes of using the prize to abolish the system, but did they know exactly what to wish for. A wish worded so that everything would work the way they wanted it to, because words can easily be twisted in another's favor. The wish has to have absolutely no loopholes, or everything will be for nothing.

"We told you this before, no one here cares about race standings. It shouldn't only be about how one was born, but about what they can actually do. However that doesn't mean the strong could bully the weak but instead watch out and protect them." Momo said hearing Ryoma's comment. Everyone else looked toward the two.

Ryoma nods. "You do know that is what the system now is based off of right?"

Momo scowls. "Not exactly, the system is based on what race is stronger as a whole, not on individuals."

"For example Vampires are known for being stronger. That's why they are on top, but not all Vampires are strong." Fuji added

Ryoma furrowed his eyebrows. Yes that was true.

Fuji smiled and continued proving his statement with facts. "Ryuzaki-sensei is known for winning against purebloods before, and she is just a mere witch. The lowest race defeated a higher race."

"In that case what is it you truly want to change then?" Ryoma asked.

Momo frowned. "Honestly we don't have an exact plan of action yet, no one here knows much about politics. I do know it's important that our plan cannot backfire. I was hoping we could find someone with vast knowledge of how politics work to help us form a plan if we were to win the completion."

Ryoma smiled, well they were on the right track. "Okay I see your point."

"Echizen if you don't agree with us, you don't have to be on the team." Oishi said with a sad look, clearly not wanting the boy to go. But he also didn't want to make Ryoma do something he doesn't want to do.

Echizen just smirked. "Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I just wanted to get more details."

Everyone just looked at him confused, except for Fuji who was smiling knowingly. Fuji had a general idea of what was going on in Ryoma's mind and was internally laughing at the others. It was very amusing.

"Right, let continue then." Tezuka said bringing everyone attention back onto him. "First up Eiji and Kaido."

-

-

Eiji stood in his battle stance eyeing Kaido carefully. He had an advantage with his ability to transform, but he still didn't know much about Kaido. Mutts were never fully understood. Within the Hybrid community some Mutts were found to have developed types of transformations. It was never revealed what kinds though because only certain people could do it. Rather the idea was considered a myth to most, not even the other races knew about it. Yet it was certainly possible Kaido could be one of those types of mutts. Eiji had to be careful with his movements. Kaido was basically doing the same thing. He watched and waited for Eiji to make the first move. With him being half cat that meant Eiji specialized in speed. Kaido would have to be careful because one wrong move and with Eiji's speed he could be defeated in an instant.

Tezuka gave the ready signal from behind the barrier. Eiji wasted no time in transforming into a tiger. Kaido had just remained standing in a hunched over position.

"Begin!"

Eiji quickly ran toward Kaido hoping to get the first attack. Kaido keep his eyes on the huge tiger in front of him, flicking his wrists outward. Suddenly his nails grew long and formed a sharp point. When Eiji was close enough, Kaido slashed at him with his long arms. However Eiji had stopped and backed away just in time to narrowly avoided getting hit. There was a short moment of just watching each other until Eiji decided to try and run in all sorts of directions around Kaido. Eiji was hoping to eventually get Kaido too dizzy to focus properly on where he was coming from. Then when Kaido had his guard down, he would pounce.

The others were intently watching the match from behind the barrier.

"So who do you think will win?" Momo asked.

Everyone just ignored him, and Momo frowned at this.

"Kaido." Ryoma stated suddenly.

Momo looked surprised at this. "Really? Not Eiji?"

"No, Eiji has fallen into a trap."

"What?"

Ryoma sighed. "Eiji is obviously confident about his speed because he is half cat, and that is his downfall."

Momo just looked even more confused. "I don't understand."

"Eiji is currently running all over the place trying to catch Kaido off guard. Whereas Kaido had remained in one place this entire time. Eventually Eiji will run out of energy and collapse." Ryoma explained. Inui smiled at this and wrote into his notebook. Tezuka even nodded approving of Ryoma's observations.

True to his words the match ending in kaido's favor. Eiji had fallen to the floor completely out of breath. Inui walked up to the two of them and handed them each a piece of paper.

"Eiji, you need to improve your stamina. Kaido you need to work on your agility and power."

The two of them sighed and walked out of the barrier towards Oishi, who was waiting to check for any injuries.

Tezuka cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Alright after classes Fuji and Momo will be next," the said two persons nodded.

"During lunch meet at the usual spot, in light of the previous discussion there is a lot we must discuss." Inui added. Then the bell rang and everyone went their separate ways.

A/N: Argggg ...this is terrible. Curse my lack of imagination. I'm am so sorry for the lame battle scene, I am not good at writing action. Actually I have poor writing skills to begin with. Excuse the poor grammar too please. Anyway I feel like the chapters are getting shorter, hopefully I can change that. Also I believe I had bitten more off than I can chew so some characters will not get as much lime light as others. Mainly because some of the characters I know little about and it's difficult to write them. They will still be present but not as much screen time, for example Tezuka. I struggle with writing Tezuka's character. Curse you Tezuka.

Also I'm thinking about adding a flashback chapter soon, do you think that would be okay.