Pesky Followers

Ryoma was beyond irritated. The Werewolf, he believed was named Atobe, was just down right annoying. He was too cocky for his own good, and he obviously thought he was better than everyone. It was stupid, Echizen hated people like him the most. Although Ryoma knew from the moment Atobe touched him that the boy was powerful. He could sense his strength and could feel the signature sign of an ability. It was very rare for a Werewolf to develop a magical ability and was actually shunned upon. Werewolves prided themselves in their natural strengths. Gaining power by learning magic is like saying one is too weak and needs help from an outside source. It made Ryoma wonder why Atobe, who seems to like being the center of attention, would risk the consequences of having an ability. The Werewolf did brag about becoming an Alpha but that couldn't happen once the rest of his pack found out his secret. Unless Werewolf ideals have changed since he last visited their territory, highly unlikely though.

But then there is also the question of what happened. If Atobe is willing to take the risk to learn an ability it would mean something would have triggered him to believe that was the only way. After all it was impossible for a Werewolf to be born with an ability, they have to have learned it along the way. Also the signature sign Ryoma felt was very strong, so Atobe had to have been learned the ability at a young age, probably at the age of 5. The only reason Ryoma could think of for a Werewolf to learn magic is that they were power hungry. The Werewolf would not be very strong physically and thought that they would gain power through magic, that didn't seem to be Atobe's case though. Sure the boy seemed arrogant and power hungry but he wasn't in any way weak. If no one knew about his magic then he was successfully using his natural strength to get to the top, unless he had a support type ability. But Ryoma knew that it was not it. His signature sign seemed dormant, so Atobe had not used his powers in a long time. Ryoma frowned, it kind of seemed like Atobe himself did not know he had an ability.

Suddenly Ryoma stopped walking, closed his eyes, and crossed his arms. "Did you really think you were successfully hiding your presence?" he asked to nothing in particular. There was nothing but trees around him, no person in sight. When he didn't get a response Ryoma sighed and turned around. He looked up and glared at the top of one of the trees. "Really holding your breath won't do much."

Suddenly two figures jumped down from the branches. "Here I thought we were doing pretty well too." Nio said with a sigh.

"Told you it wouldn't work."said Marui who was standing next to Nio brushing leaves off his clothes. Nio just shrugged in response.

Echizen raised one of his eyebrows at the pair. There were quite assuming after all. He knew the two were following him ever since he left the classroom. He wasn't the only one, from the way Fuji keep smirking and looking at him with amusement it was obvious he had noticed the two of them as well.

"So Echizen, why did you not agree to battle that Werewolf?" Nio asked eyeing Echizen carefully.

Roma shrugged. "Didn't feel like it."

"That's odd, even though he insulted you by mistaking you for a human, he called you a brat too."

Ryoma sighed and placed his hands in his pockets whiled taking slow steps towards the pair. "I don't care about what he said."

Nio took a small step back once he saw Echizen coming towards them. Even though there was no reason to be afraid his body just instinctively moved on its own. he opened his mouth to respond but another voice from afar interrupted them. Nio saw Ryoma groan and run to hide behind him and Marui. Nio blinked in surprise and glanced at the new arrival to see the werewolf boy from before.

Once Atobe was close enough to the three he smirked at the sight in front of him. "Oh, so the brat went to get his friends to back him up. Obviously he knew he could never take on the great Ore-sama by his pathetic self."

Nio glared at Atobe but relaxed a little when he felt Ryoma chuckle behind him. Marui on the other hand just stayed still wanting to avoid becoming apart of the situation.

"yeah right, I just didn't want to see your ugly face. Besides I barely know these two." Ryoma replied still chuckling behind Nio and Marui. Nio frowned at that, for some reason he was really disappointed in Ryomas words.

Atobe scowled. "Ore-sama demands you fight with me."

Ryoma opened his mouth to respond but Atobe interrupted him. "Ore-sama will not take no for an answer." he said smirking, then got into a fighting stance ready to attack.

Marui sighed, this will obviously not go well. "Boys why don't we just settle this in the competition?"

For awhile everyone just stared at each other, but then Atobe huffed and relaxed his stance. "Very well, the brat is clearly not ready and needs time to train. Ore-sama shall be generous this time." With that Atobe turned around and walked away.

Once the Werewolf was out of sight Nio blinked and looked at Marui. "That actually worked?"

Marui shrugged. "I guess. I didn't think it would be that easy though he seemed like the stubborn type."

"All Werewolves are the stubborn type." Nio said chuckling

"Exactly that's why it was strange for him to just agree and walk away willingly."

Nio just looked back in the direction Atobe had left and raised an eyebrow. "Strange indeed" then he turned around to talk to Echizen. "Anyway Echizen... where did he go?"

Marui blinked and turned around as well to see that the small boy was nowhere to be seen. "What? I didn't even sense him leaving."

Nio hissed and walked off, Marui following close behind. "Dang it how are we suppose to follow him around now!" Nio said frusterated.

"Relax he would have known we were there anyway."

"About that." Nio said seriously. "We both have stealth abilities that equal to that of an expert pureblood, yet he instantly noticed our presence."

Marui nodded "Yeah I did think that was strange."

Nio turned his head slightly to look at Marui from the corner of his eye. "Still think he is just a normal Vampire?"

-

-

-

-

A/N: Sorry this is late I was out of town for a week. Anyway just to let you know that school has started so updates will probably be all over the place again. However good news is that the next few chapters are the ones I started writing a while ago so they just need a few touch ups then they will be ready to upload.