• N I N E •

Ashton can handle tears, shouts, betrayal, heartbreaks but can never see any of these happen to his loved ones he can't. Specially when it comes to Natalia, he can't bear a single scratch or a minute pain happening with her. But her broke down is terrifying him. He can't see it.

Life had always been cruel with Ashton. The three most heart wrenching breakdown has shook him to life. Once when he saw his sister dying and his family tore apart, second when Nicholas left away the time when he saw his best friend dying and now when his love, his heart was crying sitting in front of him.

Natalia broke down in fits of sobs, she cried like a five year old kid, the man she thought left her has left the world. She said she hated him but her heart can never hate him. The loss life has given her is too much to be beared. Her heart hurts, the pain alone has broken her in pieces.

Ashton was losing his courage, his cold behaviour, he haven't cried for two deaths and these deaths have parted him in different ways. These deaths are the reason behind him getting cold and ruthless. The light has started fading away from his life but right now he needs to be with Natalia even when her breakdown is threatening of his own breakdown.

He kneeled in front of her gathering all his courage and calmness he snaked an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in his arms. She didn't push him away nor tried to wiggle out of his arms she knew she needed someone and the pain she is going through the exact is being beared by Ashton. She knows the way she is feeling the exact he is feeling. As much as important Nicholas was to her more than he was for Ashton.

She cried on his chest and cried loudly. The tears were the only one witnessing their breakdown. Ashton tried his level best to control his own breakdown but every nerve of his betrayed him. He found his own cheeks wet. He tightly wounded his arms around her and hide his face in her neck. He didn't wanted to sob nor make any sound. He just wanted peace and he found that with her in his arms.

She too hugged him at that moment she didn't care who he was. She needed support she needed someone to hold her in her vulnerable time. And he was there just the difference was she wanted support and he wanted peace. It was comfort for her and love for him.

A knock on the door broke their trance. She regained her senses and immediately left him. He felt empty. Another knock broke their awkwardness. Natalia was hiccuping and sobbing. She was broken Ashton wanted to mend all the pieces but then she didn't wanted him. It hurted him a lot. He took deep breaths and got on his feet walking towards the door.

"Who's there..??" He aksed before opening it. He didn't wanted anyone to watch how vulnerable they were right now. He could see Natalia's vulnerableness and he wanted her to see his too but she didn't. Her own misery was too much for her to handle. His heart was hurting. Bit by bit he was breaking too and no one was able to see it apart from his friends.

Everyone says he is cold and heartless but no knows why did he became that. He wasn't cold and ruthless before.. He used to laugh, smile, crack joke.. but then life happened and ruined him

"It's us... Ash.." He heard Austin's voice. He felt happy atleast someone was there when he needed.

He opened the door unmasking his emotions and let his friends see just how vulnerable he is. Only they are the one who understand him know what happened. His eyes were red, cheeks wet and lips dry indicating he was crying. Aaron was the first one to hug Ashton and console him. A hug was enough for Ashton for support. He thanked heaven for such wonderful friends.

Austin looked behind Ashton and found Natalia on the ground crying and sobbing. Allen looked at Ashton for all the mess happening around. When Ashton raised his eyes and looked at them it was enough to know the sadness in his eyes was for their lost friend. Nicholas.

Austin walked towards Natalia and sat on the ground beside her. These boys were never good at consoling specially Austin. "Natalia..." he called her but she didn't wanted to respond.

"Don't you want to know what happen...??" Austin said softly and Natalia chocked in tears

Aaron and Allen sat on either side of Natalia. Allen sat beside Austin and Aaron on the other side. Ashton closed the door and went inside the room. He didn't have the courage to listen to the story.. Deaths were his weakness.

"Around one and half year ago.. everything was good and we were happy.." Natalia said sobbing with every next word "but I got a call from Grace.. it's was Tuesday night when she called...." Natalia coughed and Allen offered water.. "she said mom came to know about me.. she is coming to New Zealand.. I hurriedly told everything to Nicholas. We were going to get married on Wednesday and then he was going to deal with my mother....." she cried remembering the painful past. Aaron patted her back and she continued "I was waiting for him outside the church dressed in white dress to get married but he didn't came... I waited all night long but no one came. I tried to call him but his cell was off I tried to contact his assistant but he wasn't picking. Then it rained and I cried... Nicholas didn't came but my mother did she took me with her... and I thought he betrayed me.." Natalia finished her side of story and cried loudly for her lovers death.

"Tuesday when you told everything to Nicholas and you guyss planned to get married.. after that he called us.. He wanted to tell Ashton but he couldn't he knew Ashton loved you.. alot." Aaron said leaning on the side wall he eyes had unshed tears for his friend

"He told us about how your mother is and can do anything with you.. We all planned to save his love and get you both married.. Wednesday morning Nicholas called us and told to meet at a coffee shop around 10:30 we all agreed.. We reached at 10:30 at the coffee shop but he didn't arrive. We waited for half and hour more but no news. We tried to contact but of no use. He cell was off" Allen completed the other part of story with sadness in his voice

It was Austin's time for telling the last part "we got a call from hospital a patient name Nicholas Wittgenstein has been admitted in their hospital and is in serious condition. We hurriedly went to hospital just to find him in ICCU fighting for life and death. He couldn't speak much so he wrote a letter for us and a letter for you. He wanted to meet Ashton.. we called him but he was in New York the time Ashton reached Nicholas was taking his last breaths.. with atmost difficulty he talked to Ashton alone. He took promise from Ashton that he will take care of you. He will give you the life you deserve. He will save you from your mother.. He will fulfill all the promises he made and couldn't fulfill. And Ashton being the best friend accept this heartbreaking promises. Ashton is a man of words and he will die to keep his words.. And he kept.. " Natalia sat there motion less absorbing the information Austin just said. Ashton promised to take care of her. Nicholas asked Ashton to do it..

A/N: Hello Lovies!!!! I'm terribly sorry for not updating but my exams were going on.. and are still on.. college life isn't all good people say. But please let me know did you like the part... What will Natalia's reaction be... How will Ashton marry Natalia and will Natalia agree for the marriage and most of all what is the letter Nicholas left for Natalia..?? Too many questions and too many Answers let me know your views...