• T W E N T Y - S E V E N •

"so, whats going on??" Allison asked with tease in her voice which confused March.

"Is there something I dont know??" she asked raising an eye brow towards Allison. Allison waited Natalia to speak up, but she didnt.

Natalia had Allison and March both eyes on her. She cant run away with these two and that's for sure. She just shrugs it off not wanting to continue the topic. March didnt understand anything, so she just let it go while Allison fumed in anger. But she kept her calm. Today they were here for March not to discuss Natalia.

"alright girls I have a news" March said excitedly gathering both the womens attention. "Any guesses" she asked wiggling her eye brow. The glow on March's face said she was the happiest human alive right now.

"stop exaggerating and say it" Allison wined with an eye roll and in return earned a smack from March

"don't ruin my excitement" she said firmly

"as if Austin proposed you" Allison said with an eye roll but the reaction from March was much more shocking than they imagined

"He did" March said happily, and both the women just sat in the coffee shop shell shocked, with their mouth open in an 'o' shape.

"Is it that shocking??" March laughed on their shocked faces having her cappuccino

"I never knew something was going on between you two" Natalia was the first to recover from the shock and form a sentence

"Excuse me apart from Ashton and Aaron everyone knew" March said keeping a hand on her heart trying to be fake hurt by what Natalia said.

"Really??" was all she could say

"Natalia sometimes you need to come out of your shell and see the world and even enter other people's world too" Allison said with a pint of anger in her voice

Natalia knew Allison isnt talking about March and Austin. she is talking about her and Ashton. Was she so full of herself that she couldn't even see others. Unaware of the situation March tried to lighten the tensed atmosphere built by the two womens "its okay, she was in grief of Nick's death. Its not her fault" March tried to dismiss the topic, but Allison was not going to leave it. she couldn't anymore take Natalia's shit. Natalia was doing nothing but ruining Ashton.

"It's been months and years to that, he was my brother, we shared from diapers to school bags to room of our house but then am I not living my life. If any person in this world should be most in grief over nick then it should be me, my parents, Ash and many other. Just because he's dead we cant stop life" Allison was in no mood of leaving this topic and whatever she said it was true. Natalia sucked in a deep breath taking in the accusations.

Allison was right

she wasnt wrong either.

****

Natalia entered the house with a heavy heart and a severe lump in her throat. Allison was right they were all in more pain then her. But like they loved him even she did. She may have not spent years with him like they did but she did spend ample amount with him and loved him with all her heart. She entered the bedroom and saw it empty. Ashton was nowhere to be found. She was happy she didn't have to face him now but eventually she has to. She can't hide it for too long. she can't ignore him all the time. Natalia sat on the bed tired and exhausted with todays such ironic turn of events.

Her stomach growled due to lack of food. She remembered ordering coffee and sandwich but the table turned and such a happy evening turn into a sad one due to her. She removed her phone from the bag and called March. At that moment she felt she can at least apologise. March within seconds picked up her call and girl was always cheerful no matter what. She was the sunshine of the whole group. She had the audacity to make people laugh even at their best time. The girl was just full of life.

"Hey baby!! Missed me already" March said on the other end for a minute Natalia felt she might be expecting Austin's call so she cleared it

"March its me Natalia" she said with hesitation

March laughed and said "I know baby reason I said missed me already"

"Sorry I thought it was Austin you saying it" she apologised and laughed with her

"No baby he's at work..." she crisped happily and Natalia just envied her for a second, she was so happy and look at her all dull and lifeless. How can Ashton even love her??

"Sorry March for ruining the night" suddenly the atmosphere got thick but March made it calm

"Its fine Natalia actually I'm sorry for Allison's behaviour today. She just loves Ashton as much as she loved Nick. They were her lifelines, she has seen one brother dying and other living a life like a dead being. Its heart-breaking to see him breaking in million pieces. Can't you for a minute just love Ashton. Please." March pleaded at the end. The last sentence was almost a whisper but Natalia did hear.

She was killing him.

"Will I be cheating Nicholas if I say I do like Ashton and even I want to give him a chance" Natalia felt herself asking. more over she was sobbing. She didn't know until today she let those words leave her lips

"No, youre not!!" March exclaimed loudly "Natalia even if you can't love at least try even Nicholas wanted the same thing"

"I'll try was all she could say" Natalia cancelled the call and took deep breaths wiping her tears. She wants to live, she is sick and tired of this unhappy life even she deserves happiness. She is tired of grieving and crying. She wants to laugh, live, be happy.

She heard the door open of the room, she quickly wiped her tears and looked at him but he didn't even spare her a glance. She could smell alcohol from far. Was he drunk?? He banged the door shut with a loud noise. Natalia stood up tried to speak but he showed her his hand.

"Tell me one thing what can I do to make you love me??" he asked, his eyes were blood red as if he was crying. His eyes held tears, today she saw the man totally broken. The cold ruthless man was broken and shattered inside and she did nothing but break him more. In all her pain and grieve she forgot someone loved her maybe more than Nicholas ever did. Ashton fell on the ground too much alcohol had consumed his brain and body. He wasn't in his senses. His eyes were drowsy the picture of Natalia was blurred in front of him. He couldn't see her anymore. He blinked his eyes twice - thrice but alcohol overpower his senses. The last thing he said was "I love you Natalia" after that he let alcohol take hold of his eyes and drift him to sleep. Where he'll be happy with his women, love her, have a family with her, grow old with her.

A/N: Hello Lovies!! Please instead of writing 'please update' you can give me a feedback about how was the chapter. That would actually motivate me to write more and update early.

If you like the chapter don't forget to Vote Comment and Share.