• T H I R T Y - N I N E (B) •

It's the first draft sorry for all the errors and mistakes:)

N A T A L I A

I started running frantically with Austin trying our best to get away from this place but in the middle of our run, we both froze on our spot the moment we heard the gunshot. Victor Reynolds was having a gun in his hand I knew that he pointed at me countless times threatening to kill me but due to Veronica's greed he didn't like he didn't the time I was born. Due to her greed, I was alive twenty-four years ago and due to her greed, I am alive today as well.

I and Austin stared at each other with a dreadful look on our faces our concern is just one man and he is Ashton David Cross. We run back in the direction we came from and rush to the place where Ashton Veronica and Victor were. As we enter we see Veronica on the floor injured the bullet hit her arm and she fell on the floor but she wasn't my concern she never will be. She never became a mother, to me she was just a person whose ovaries I came from and Victor will never be a father he'll just be a sperm donor.

My eyes search for my husband but he was nowhere in sight, nor Victor.

"You search here I'll search upstairs" Austin suggested and I agreed.

He ran upstairs and started moving forward. It's the same place I was kidnapped and kept hostage. It's an old rusted villa perhaps decades-old used by none. The spider web we're almost at every area not just corners and the dust settled down leaving imprints in no mood of leaving anytime soon.

The villa being old and rusted is scary at a point I feel a ghost might suddenly appear but I'm sure no ghost will be scarier than the person who gave me birth. Speaking of the devil I hear her murmur "Natalia" being called out my name I walk close to her and sit on my toes she looks at me with those wicked eyes which have for now fake love

"child please save me" I hear her sugar-coated words and barked out a laugh

"All these years I've been saying the same thing but did you hear me? For once?" I ask but all I get in return are her crocodile tears and an apology that fake even barbie would look real

I don't listen to her my main concern is my husband I walk past her in search of the man who's been my home and I want him to be mine forever. I search the complete area but no trace of both of them the only area left was the backyard, I rush to the backyard and find both of them fighting, more like Ashton trying to get away from his grip. The gun was lying away from them on the floor.

Ashton punches Victor on the abdomen he releases him crying in pain. Ashton kicks him in the stomach and punches on the face dropping him flat on his face. Blood oozed from the corner of his lips. Ashton averts his eyes towards me. He sprints towards me the same while I study his face his handsome face has scratches and few marks due to punches, his lower lip has a cut and a slight cut around his neck.

The moment he is near I clung to his chest and turn him around my back facing Victor Reynolds, he's holding the gun in his hand aiming at Ashton I can't let him do anything to Ashton. Victor presses the trigger but there were no bullets I crushed myself in Ashton's arms. Abruptly Ashton swaps place turning around and this time when Victor presses the trigger there was a bullet and it hit Ashton.

Another gunshot but this time it was Ashton whom the gunshot hit. He fell on the floor with me in his arms. I tried to wake him up but he was already unconscious, tears started to cloud my vision I hear Victor laugh a sarcastic laugh mocking on Ashton and me. He pulled the gun on me this time and was about to press the trigger I closed my eyes in fear death was near me I didn't know circumstances we're going to be this cruel.