• S I X T E E N •

She sat in the dark corner of her room, her legs raised up to her chin surrounded by her arms and her cheeks wet with tears. Ashton had told her about his death, she accepted it but standing in front of his tombstone was nothing compared to what she had assumed.

The pain was unbearable.

She stood in front of his tombstone lifeless not knowing what to do next? She had accepted his death but believing was difficult. It was difficult to believe that she was standing in front of his tomb. He was under that grave dead.

At that moment she felt soulless and motionless. Her body went numb, for quite a few seconds she stood lifeless like a statue but then reality hit her when Ashton called her name.

She couldn't stand anymore, her legs weren't capable enough at that moment to keep her standing. She broke down in fits of tears falling on her knees. She wailed loudly yet another time for her former dead lover. Nicholas's body was dig inside that tomb while she sat outside for grievance.

She heard a crack sound of door opening and light flickering on and off. She knew who it was but didn't have the courage nor strength to face the man who was her life savier. When she sat there wailing like a child, just like a father he took her in his embrace and let her shed her diamonds on his chest.

She clung to his body and cried her heart down. Looking at her breakdown he himself felt getting closer to his own; but at that moment he needed to be strong. For her, for his friends, his family. May be next time he will be able to break himself and let someone see the real Ashton.

While crying on his chest she just chanting one line 'why did he leave me.. I loved him..' even though that wasn't the moment to unfold his feelings but they did and it tear him in more pieces listening to the line I loved him. Why was he so deprived from love?? What's his mistakes?? Still getting his emotions in check he let her ventilate her emotions out.

He picked her up bridal style and brought her back to her penthouse. He laid her down on the bed and move out of the room but as he was gone she locked the door and closed all the lights.

Nothing was left, life was full of darkness, she didn't wanted to live anymore, life wasn't worth living anymore not at that moment. Not when she saw his grave and two days later get engaged to his best friend. It will be a mistake.

She will be cheating Nicholas, his love. Lot many things were rambling in her mind she couldn't take hold of any of her feelings nor any of her emotions. She haven't felt such strong wave of pain and emptiness in her yet entire life and she never wished to feel it again.

"Natalia your there??" she heard him ask. She could feel his footsteps getting near to her and in another slink he was sitting beside her

"I can't marry you!!! I can't cheat Nicholas" she whispered the minute he sat beside her

The two sentences ripped his heart apart. Life can't be more cruel to him. Life can't just make blunders in his mind and heart. That moment he felt angry yet pitied himself. Ashton David Cross The billionaire, on flick of his finger he can get any girl, he can make anyone bow on his knees, the man owns half of New York and yet the women he loves can't love him back.

What a pity??

He laughed on himself and pitied his heart, while the heart cried in pain. The heart badly needed love and comfort but seems like he's never gonna get it.

"It's ok... I won't force you.." he said and without making any other noise walked out of the room flicking the lights open.

The light illuminated her room while her eyes scanned around her surroundings, every single thing was the way she wanted it but it was done by the man she didn't wanted. There was bigger chaos between her heart and mind, bigger than what's happening in her life. She can never understand or know how Ashton might be suffering, how his heart might be breaking.

Ashton dashed out of the building just to collide with his friends. Allen was the first one to notice his eyes, they were red and wet. The tears in his eyes wanted to dry themselves out but he didn't let them. Cause the moment a tear slips his eye that moment the cold, ruthless Ashton David Cross's facade will burn into ashes and the left will be deprived, unlove and broken Ashton behind.

Aaron shook his arm asking him to look in their eyes but he didn't. He denied to look into his best friends eyes cause he knows they can read him like an empty canvas. He doesn't want anyone to see his weakness, he's always been the strongest of all and will always be.

"You can't hide it Ash.." Aaron said controlling his own tears

"Ash what happened??" Austin asked making him look into his eyes forcefully and there it goes.

They saw it

He was heartbroken

"let's go somewhere.." Allen said to the boys and pushed them outside of the building.

People had gathered around them and started gossiping, they didn't wanted anyone to poke their heads in their matters specially not the media. The media will do nothing except for complicate the situation.

They all sat in Ashton's car and drove to his Mansion in the town, where he lives alone. Alone was the word that suit his personality. He was alone all the time after his sister's death, and then Nicholas.

Natalia on the other side read Nicholas letter again and again wishing he was alive and in her life but he wasn't but what he asked to do was never going to happen. She wanted a closer she wanted someone whom she can open up.

And she knew the best person in the world. She knew if someone in this world can know what she is feeling on the moment it's non other than Ashton.

She rushed out her room just to find the whole penthouse empty. He left. She shook her head No he can't leave her, not now when she needs him, not like his best friend did. Then it hit her. Her words.

'I can't marry you!!! I can't cheat Nicholas'

She wiped her tears and rush back to her room. She remembered his Christmas gift. It was a cell phone with everyone's number saved in it. She didn't use it. She has never used one. Not an IPhone. But today she needed it.

She removed the phone from the cupboard and started reading features written on the box and the guide book provided. She hastily searched contacts and dialled his number.

One Ring

Two Rings

Three Rings

He picked up

Ashton was baffled to find her number on his screen. For a moment he felt like it was dream but then Aaron shook him up and asked to pick up the call.

"Hello!!" he whispered in his deep Spanish accent while she whimpered on the other end

She didn't knew how to say it, how to ask him to come back to her, tell him she needs him. She needs someone.

"I need you..." she cried on the phone helplessly and he closed his eyes still not letting a tear slip his eye

"You said...." he wasn't able to complete the sentence and she spoke in

"Come home.... Come back.... I want to talk to you... I need you Ashton...." she shouted on the phone crying like a four year old calling his dad on phone asking him to come back

At that minute nothing matters except for Natalia for Ashton... He rushed back to her even if it meant breaking his heart more zillion times..

A/N: Hello Lovies!!! Long time no see well I was a little confuse about the chapter so it took long time but next part will update soon. Natalia is going to have a blast at her wedding..

I need some songs romantic as well as heartbreak please suggest some..

The above cover in the media box by Sweetblast