• T H I R T Y - T W O •

Natalia was hurt she felt as if she provoked him for his actions. She sat on the bathroom floor crying clutching the towel to her body. Why did Ashton do something like that. He clearly rejected her.

Ashton on the other hand was ashamed on his own act. How could he lose control? Nicholas asked him to take care of her not covet her to himself. He should have his emotions in check he can't lose control. All these days the thought of having Natalia completely to him was wrong. Ashton was confused with these new flow of mixed emotions. The things he was doing were they right or is he cheating on his dead best-friend?

An hour later when Ashton arrived at the dining table he saw Natalia playing with the breakfast instead of eating it. After the morning incident there was an awkward silence between them time to time they stole awkward glances towards each other but avoided eye contact. The tension between the couple was clearly visible by their behaviour and distance but the family members chose to keep quite and let the couple solve their issue by themselves.

Ashton sat beside Natalia and started having his breakfast, Natalia had kept her distance from him and that was making it more hard for Ashton. Was he again at square one? There was a complete silence in the mansion and between the people as well. Suddenly the loud ringing of Ashton's phone made everyone stop having food stare at him robotically. He excused himself and left the dining area. The caller ID was Xavier.

"Hello..." Ashton spoke first. He could hear his friends Allen and Aaron in the background and their loud noises. something kind of fight happening. What did he miss out on? "What's happening?" he asked

"Shut up you guys" he heard xavier barking on his bestfriends "Hello Ash" he called out

"Yaaa!!" he said in a low tone, something was wrong and fishy. His gut feeling was demanding something had happened when he was not there

"Austin's father 'Victor Reynolds' closed the Nicholas murder case" Xavier said in a go. He knew Ashton is going to blast on him. If his friends are this furious then Ashton will be on another level. Since morning Allen and Aaron are barking and howling on phone to different lawyers and judges of the world. The best one to open the case but nothing could come up. Victor has filled loads of money in each and every person's mouth none can help.

Ashton was silent for few minutes and his silence was breaking sweat on Xavier forehead "How??" was all Ashton said it was more of an angry growl

"Yesterday night I got an email from the Head Quarters that I've been removed from Nicholas Murder case and shifted to some other case. Today when I went HeadQuarters I saw the file is closed. He has filled bags of money to people and made sure no evidence is found and the case is closed" Xavier explained

"How could that son of a bitch do that??" Ashton shouted and his voice was heard all around the mansion like an echo. At the dining table they all were worried and sacred as of what happened that made Ashton so angry. The trio looked at Natalia but she herself was clueless. Natalia rose from her seat and went towards Ashton to see what mess is awaiting which made him so angry.

"Where's Austin?" Ashton asked. He needs to know was his best-friend involved in his father's game. How could Victor do this wasn't Nicholas like a son to him??

"He went to meet his father" Xavier said. Ashton veins were running too fast as if a rush was happening in his mind and heart. 'Austin isn't involved he can't be' he thought to himself

"He knew about any of this??" He asked verily hoping Xavier will dismiss his assumption

"NO he didn't, In Fact he wasn't in the town till today morning" Xavier was actually confused on what was Ashton asking. Ashton breathed in relief hearing his best-friend wasn't involved