• T W E N T Y - T W O •

"A Cop!!" she said with a jaw dropped expression

Ashton nodded his head and tried to speak but before he could say anything Xavier spoke "There are lot of questions left unanswered in this story"

"What kind of questions??" she said and looked at Ashton but he just smiled and that smile was enough to soothe her inner turmoil. Her face showed relief that he was there nothing was going to happen to her. And her expressions were building hopes for him.

Hopes for a different and better future..!!

"Nicholas Wittgenstein!!" Xavier said the name loud enough for her to hear. Her eyes went wide enough to say the name bought flashbacks of her past.

Lisa came up with the order but as soon as she saw Ashton her feet started to shake and hands started to tremble in fear. Natalia composed herself and looked towards an horrified Lisa and a sudden laugh escaped her lips.

The laugh that filled his heart with pure joy and happiness. His heart was at ease, the women he loved was happy what's more he could have asked for. The satisfaction was visible on his face by the way he saw her. The smaller part, the outer part of him was satisfied, delighted: but the bigger part was craving for her, the demon inside him was not satisfied he needed something else but then Ashton David Cross was man of words.

He told all the devils and demons inside him that he is forbidden to touch her, even the thought is forbidden but then who can control thoughts. He was happy at least she is by his side as his wife.

"Ashton...." she called out his name. He looked at her while raising an eye brow cause she pointed out to a girl standing near her

"Who's that girl??" he asked completely unaware of the situation nor remembering the girl.

"You don't remember her??" she asked while he shrugged his shoulders and nodded a no

Lisa sighed in relief and served Natalia her order. She looked at the mens for their order removing a pen and note pad from her pocket

"Cappuccino.." Xavier said and she noted down. Lisa gulped her saliva and looked at Ashton "espresso" he said and she noted the order. As soon as she finished writing it she practically ran away from there

"Wasn't she strange??" Ashton asked furring his eyebrows in confusion while Natalia just laughed her ass out

"What's so funny??" Xavier asked as he too was confused with the behavior

Natalia took deep breaths preventing herself from laughing more, she calmed herself down and said "She is Lisa..!! Few years back in this same coffee shop she had by mistake dropped coffee on Ashton and in anger Ashton was going to run bulldozer on this coffee shop"

"I remember!!! Nicholas coming to me and asking not to do so cause he lost his heart in the coffee shop" Ashton said as he recalled that day but at the end the last few words were heart breaking.

So this is how they met, he thought In a coffee shop...

"Ashton and his anger can never change" Xavier sensed the tension in the air and tried to cheer up

"Ya...." Natalia said and smiled at him. she didn't knew at this moment what to do. Console Ashton or console herself. It was complicated for her. Things were complicated, life was complicated. All she knew was Xavier is a cop and there is something going on.

"Let's do the work we are here for" Ashton suggested gulping all his torn and unheard feelings. He didn't wanted to know how his wife and best friend met. worse how they fell in love?? Even he loved the damn women. His heart can't bear anything anymore. There is always a limit to take any pain, his heart would burst out listening to their love tale.