Chapter 1

{My amazing readers, you have all been sooo patient that I decided to treat everyone to an early update!!! The only thing is that I am doing this by my iPhone and at like 11:00 pm so if there are any problems with the lost please inform me!!!}

Chapter One (REINYA'S POV):

I stood in shock, brushing Elemmire's blonde hair out of her face. She'd kill us if she awoke to find Legolas had sacrificed himself for her. Then I kneeled down and placed my ear to her chest, there was no heartbeat, no sign of breathing, nothing. She was dead!

Tears leaked out of my eyes, slowly at first, but then more came as I realized there was no way to save her now. She was gone. I brushed her forehead with my thumb, and attempted to hide and muffle my oncoming sobs.

I couldn't save my best friend, the only person I treasured more than myself, Gorell, and horses.

My head sunk to her chest, and my body shook with violent, soundless sobs.

"Reinya?" Gorell's tentative voice asked. I felt his hands on my shoulders, trying to calm my violent sobs.

"Go...A-Away!" I demanded, but to no avail. Gorell did not move, just continued to massage my shoulders.

"There was nothing we could do Reinya. You know that. There was nothing we could have done." He told me softly, as if speaking too loud would wake my anger, and I would turn on him.

"Yes! Yes there was, there was something I could have done." I cried out, not being able to hold it in any longer. "Your brother, I could have saved him, and though we would have lost Elemmire, we still would have your brother. Elemmire was going to die, whether we trader Legolas or not, so we could have saved him. I cannot forgive myself for letting another person I cared about die."

"I thought you and Legolas hated each other?" He asked, and I turned to him.

"No, Gorell. I did not hate Legolas. I simply was not fond of him, but he made Elemmire happy. I can forgive him for that, and I will accept him for that. But now both of them, both of them, are gone." I started, shaking my head madly.

"I am sure we can get Legolas back, but right now we need to get Elemmire's...ah...body, back to Lothlorien. There is much to mourn, but not yet, when we are out in the open, and dangerously weakened." He told me wisely, in a voice of stone, but in his eyes, I saw the breaking emotion inside, which brought about another bout of tears, raining down my cheeks.

Gorell collapsed me into a hug, and laughed. "For being an elf, you cry incredibly like a human," He informed me, but thought the statement held humor, I heard none in his tone, nothing but sadness.

~~

We walked slowly, as two of our horses had taken to carrying Elemmire's body in the most dignified way both Gorell and I could find. A cloak stretched from one edge of the saddle of one horse, to the other, serving as a makeshift stretcher. Her body rolled around precariously over rocky terrain, and we had to slow our pace during those times.

"You worry too much," Gorell said finally, to break the silence. It wasn't very enlightening for me.

"I do not," I deadpanned, no longer willing to talk about anything.

"This is over, Reinya. You cannot worry about the dead, their souls have left for a better place." He offered, trying to soothe my aching heart, but his words were no healing touch to the pain I held.

"Then maybe we should all sail to the undying lands, then!" I yelled.

"You know that isn't possible, not now." He yelled, his voice carrying on the winds. "If the elves leave, there would be nothing to keep Middle-Earth in balance."