Chapter 9

Chapter 9 (Elemmire's POV)

Once we had regained our strength, the four of us made haste in traveling through the forest. We had lost our horses, but I had faith that Naertho led the others out of the forest and to East Bight where we planned to go.

We found very little sign of any living creatures, after the spider incident. It almost unnerved me though because I could feel the lingering in the shadows but I could not see them.

There was no doubt, I was physically exhausted. My whole body ached after I had used my 'powers' to save us from the spiders. And as we continued to pursue deeper into forest in hopes that we would reach East Bight soon (at least that is what we thought). It was hard to tell what direction we were heading under the shadow of the forest.

"You alright?" Legolas's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Fine," I forced a smile. I could really not complain about much, I have been in worse situations but I feel an evil growing. Not just in the trees, but inside myself as well.

"I would not worry, we will reach East Bight soon," Legolas gave me the confidence I need to continue.

"Thanks," I looked up into his eyes, he was slightly confused by my reply.

"For what?"

"For giving me confidence."

Legolas chuckled wrapping one arm around my shoulder, "That is what I am here for."  

After that none of us spoke much, we let each other to their own thoughts.

~~~

It felt as though days had gone by, but it was really only one rotation of the sun. "We should rest here," I suggest, "All of us are tired and could use the rest."

"I will take the first watch," Legolas states.

"That is fine with me!" Reinya quickly laid down her bed and with minutes she was fast asleep. Gorell followed in her steps, and it was not long before he too was asleep. But for some reason I had a hard time.

I laid awake for a long time, dwelling on this ever growing threat in my mind. I wondered if any of the others felt it too, but I did not bother to ask because I did not want to damper the mood any more than it was.

Soon I pulled into a deep slumber.

I awoke to a dimly lit room with a single circular shaped window on the east wall. "Where am I?" I muttered to myself.

"In a nightmare, sweetheart," A mocking voice replied in my head. Though the voice was awfully familiar. "One that I had casted upon you myself, it was actually quite easy, you being so, so tired."

"Ravaonna!" I sneered.

"That's my name," she replied before I felt a figure appear behind me. "I was hoping to show you around."

"Do I have a choice?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Nope."

"Alright, let's get it over with," I sighed knowing that she had full control over what was to happen.

"Great," Ravaonna snapped her fingers and brought me back to what I guessed was a clip from the past:

I noticed that Legolas was tied to a chair in the middle of a room that looked almost identical to the one I was in. But my attention was quickly drawn to Ravaonna who circled him in a seductive manner. Before placing a finger on his shoulder and sitting across his lap.