Chapter 14

Chapter 14 (Reinya’s POV)

When I had walked into Elemmire’s and Legolas’s room to see what was taking them so long, I noticed that the room had been broken into. My heart started to race a mile a minute. Legolas and Elemmire were no where to be seen. Someone must have kidnapped them.

I ran back into my room to warn Gorell, and he thought it would be best if we go talk to Lord Girion.

“Lord Girion!” I called out catching up him as he stood talking to a group of men. “Something bad has happened… my friends have been kidnapped.” I had to pause for a second to catch my breath.

“I know,” He murmured, “I just got word this morning that King Thror sent men into Dale to imprison them-.”

“And you let them?” I asked furiously, “These are my friends we are talking about, they did nothing wrong! If anything this was all my fault.” I was not going to say the last part, but I accidentally blurted it out. My big mouth might have gotten Elemmire imprisoned when I was drunk last night and gave away who she really is.

“Lady Reinya, let me speak,” Lord Girions voice was stern, “The King did this behind my back, and there is nothing I can do about it now.”   

“There has to be something you can do,” I ordered. There was no way I was about to take no for an answer.

Girion almost seemed to consider an idea for a second, “There might be a way I can atleast get you in to talk to her, but I can’t guarantee your safety.”  

“I don’t care about my damn safety, my friends are in trouble, so do what you have to do.” I was no longer being pleasant.

“I will see what I can do…”

~~~ (Elemmire’s POV)

I laid on my back for a long while, and every time I moved a sharp pain shot through my chest.  It was about an hour ago when cried out in pain, and Legolas found out I was hurt. He kindly tried to get someone with medical teachings to help me, but the guards did not seem to care.

Then all of a sudden, I heard the faintest footsteps coming from deeper in the dungeons. There was no doubt they were the footsteps of elves, but who?

“Elemmire,” I heard Reinya call my name, and I sighed in relief. “I am so glad you are safe-.”

“I would not quite say that,” Legolas piped up from across that hall, “If it was not for these dwarf-scums, Elemmire might still be in full health.”

“Wait, what happened to you Elemmire?” Reinya asked rushing up to the cell door and looking down at me. I must have looked pitiful, I was soaking wet, there were many bruises, and I was crouched over in pain because of my broken rib.  

“I will be fine,” I protested, “I just need you to-.”

“Fine?!” Legolas interrupted. “Thorin attacked you, he-.”

It was my turn to interrupt now, “Thorin did nothing wrong, he treated me the best. Did you not see him carry me down the stairs when I no longer had the energy to walk? It was Thror and Thrain who did this out of greed.”

“I still hate him,” Legolas mumbled under his breath.

“I can’t find a key anywhere,” Gorell exclaimed walking over to our cells. “I am afraid we can’t get either of you out without getting caught while trying.”

“Thank you for the effort,” I turned my head to smile at Gorell. “But the two of you really need to get out of here and head back to Mirkwood.”