Chapter 5

Chapter 5 (Elemmire’s POV)

    Ravaonna disappeared with a flower and left Legolas unconscious on the ground. Within seconds Reinya was at my side, “You are so stupid. You’ve got yourself killed by doing that deal.”

    I rolled onto my back and smiled. “Oh Reinya,” I laughed.

    “What is wrong with you?” She still looked at me stern.

    I could not hold down the laughter, and Gorell seemed to have figured out of the situation. “Elemmire gave Ravaonna a fake fire flower.” He said, giving me an appreciating nod, “You've seen what happened when Elemmire’s real Fire Flower got crumpled. And what happened here was not nearly as bad.”

    Reinya’s face lit up, “Oh my gosh! You’re smart!” She exclaimed, and hugged me. “Now, let’s get Legolas inside before she notices and comes back!”

    I lifted Legolas on to my lap to before I handed him over to Gorell. But something caught my attention, there were black markings on his wrist. “Gorell,” I asked holding up Legolas’s arm, “What do these markings mean?”

    Gorell’s face went pale, “We have to get him to Lady Galadriel and fast!” He picked up his brother and we all ran as fast as we could.

I helped Gorell take Legolas up to my chambers, while Reinya made haste in locate Lady Galadriel.  

Just after Gorell laid Legolas down on my bed, I placed my hand on his forehead to check his temperature. "He is freezing!" I stated, unsure of what our next move would be.

"His temperature started dropping from the second I picked him up."  He added.

I could tell by Gorell's eyes that he could not stand to see his own brother this way. From what I heard, the two of them were very close growing up.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Lady Galadriel came bursting into the room. "What is the situation here?" She asked.

I showed her the markings on Legolas's wrist, and just like Gorell, she went dead white pale. Then she mumbled something to herself under her breath so that no one could hear her.

"What is going on? What do the markings mean?" I shifted my glance from Gorell to Lady Galadriel, they knew something that I did not.

"Legolas has been poisoned," Lady Galadriel took in a deep breath, "A curse of Dark Magic can only be undone by magic which none of us posses."

I took a second to let it sink in, "What does it mean then?"

"No one here is strong enough to save him, only Ravaonna can undo the curse," Gorell informed me, gratuitously placing his hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"This-this can't be happening," I stutter. Not only did I placed a trick on Ravaonna, but she placed on me.

Lady Galadriel stood up, "I will do what I can, but this situation is beyond my control."

Gorell followed behind her, "We will give you some alone time, if you wish."

I nodded my head, "Yes please." As I spoke I could feel the stinging of tears in my eyes. Why him?

Once Gorell and Galadriel left, I sat alone to wallow in my thoughts. Legolas deserves to live. He had never done anything wrong, but his life was cruel and stabbed him in the back when he was not looking.

I placed my head down on his chest, feeling some slight comfort by being near him. If only I had given Ravaonna the real Fire Flower, then maybe karma would not hate me.