Chapter 15

Chapter 15 (Elemmire’s POV)

I sat in my cell for a long time considering all the different factors; may be Thranduil, or my mother for that matter could free Legolas. At least that way I could rest comfortably knowing that he is safe. Then another thought crossed my mind, would Legolas die of a broken heart, if I were to pass? He did live ten years without me, but could he survive a hundred lifetimes knowing for sure that I was dead?

My thoughts were put on hold when Thorin walked up to my cell. He had a worried look in his eyes and I was not quite sure what it meant. “Princess,” Thorin acknowledged, he held a high stature, but he was not being snobby about it.

“Thorin Oakenshield,” I bowed my head respectfully and tried to sit up, but I only made it part way up when pain shot through my chest and I had no energy to continue.

Quickly Thorin came rushing into my cell to help me sit up, “You are in worse condition than I thought.”

“Oh really? I didn’t know,” My voice was full of sarcasm, it was almost something Reinya would say.

“Aren’t elves suppose to heal faster than other races, but you seem to be getting worse.” Throin stated, and I knew he was right, I was not getting better, and without and heat I would not get any better. “Why?” he asked, his question was very vague.  

Even though Thorin’s question was very vague, I still knew what he was asking, but I chose to be a little snarky because I was not sure if I was ready to tell him the whole story yet. “I have not received any medical help,” I replied.

“I know that,” He spat back, “Why does this Ravaonna want you so bad?”

“Because I am trying to destroy Middle-Earth,” I lied, but what was the point, it could not get much worse than this. I am in pain, and Ravaonna is probably on her way to claim me now.

“Don’t lie,” He shook his head, “I want there to be a reason for me to help you.”

“So you don’t think I’m evil,” I phrased it more like a statement than a question. I took a couple seconds to think about how I was to explain him everything, without giving away anything important incase this was a trap. “The tales are true, I am connected to Fire Flower and it is the only thing keeping me alive. Because of this I have been given special ‘powers’ and to some I am seen as a threat.”

“What kind of powers?” Thorin seemed very curious in the idea of ‘powers.’

“I can wield and create fire,” My head dipped down low as I spoke, but Thorin’s eyes widened in amazement. “But it is not what you think, these powers are not a gift, they are a curse.”

“I-I don’t understand?”

“I can’t wield the fire properly without bringing forth my anger, which controls every move I make,” I thought back to all the times when I had no control over what I did. The powers are too much for me to handle.

“You will learn, I know you can,” He had given me a vote of confidence.

“Thanks,” I muttered.

“Here,” Thorin pulled a roll of bandages out from under his cloak. He started to tightly wrap them around my chest for support. “This is no elvish medicine, but it will provide some support. Is there anything else I can do for you. It is out of my power to help you escape, but I would like to make up for how my father treated you.”

I shook my head to say “No,” but then my eyes fell upon Legolas peacefully sleeping in his cell. Thorin has done so much for me already, I could not ask him for anything more.