Chapter 10

Chapter 10 (Legolas's POV)

"Where is Elemmire?" Reinya asked peevishly when I returned from the woods. She looked annoyed, and held worry in her eyes.

I did not want to reply, as the still brought tears to my eyes. Something was taking over Elemmire, she was not herself. Even in the past when she was angry she did not act this way. "She went for a walk," was all I spoke.

"And you let her go alone! She is going to run away and get herself killed!" Reinya stood up it looked as though she was about to explode in fury.

"I promised her that if she wished to run away, I will not hold her back," I struggled trying to hold back the tears, with every word it became harder to fight back.

Reinya shook her head, "You are her fiance, soon to be her husband, and you are going to let her get killed."

Her words were like dagger in my back. "We are no longer engaged," I spoke in barely a whisper before. I took the Elemmire's engagement ring out of my pocket and placed it on a large rock in front of me, before walking off to the far corner of our camp. I sat down leaning on a tree alone to drown myself in my thoughts.

Why? Why was this happening? What is wrong? Is fate trying to tell me something? Is this meant to be? These thoughts kept swarming around, and each one broke my heart a little more. I finally got Elemmire back, but she is no longer herself.

I watched as Gorell sat beside me. "You know I am not in the mood for talking," There was a bitterness in my tone as I spoke.

"That is fine, I will do the talking and you can do the listening." Gorell twirled the ring in his fingers, he must have picked it up when walked over here. "It's a beautiful ring Lord Elrond gave you, he must have good taste." Gorell slightly chuckled to himself.

"Are you sure Lady Arwen did not help him pick it out," The both of us laughed at the comment, and my mood lifted a little. I was about to take the ring back when I paused, and took a step back. "Keep it." I said, sadly. "It is no use to me, not any longer. You can keep it. Please Keep it. Don't...I don't want to see it again."

He did not move his hand nor did he even flinch. "No." Gorell deadpanned. "You're taking it back. It is yours, for you to use as you wish."

"No, she doesn't love me like that anymore," I argued. "Elemmire is gone, and I am going to leave it like that. She loves me no more, I can only be envious of the love you and Reinya share."

"Love? Are you out of your mind? Elemmire loves you more than Reinya would ever love me, as sad as that sounds. Horses will always get in the way, and maybe her boomerangs. You see how she coddles them like babies, haven't you?" Gorell spits out immediately, and then paused. "Wait, back up. Elemmire doesn't love you anymore? What put that idea in your mind? That is totally and utterly bullcrap. Have you seen the things she does for you?"

I took a step back. "She loves me no more, she has said it true. She...She believes I have feelings for someone." I told him honestly, and I forced a smile onto my face. "It's alright. As long as she is happy, I am happy."

"What if this decision doesn't make her happy?" Gorell asked, and rage pumped into my veins.

"Why would she make this choice if she didn't think it would make her happy?" I asked, clenching my fists.

Suddenly, my cheek stung and I fell to the ground. Had Gorell just slapped me?! I thought, shocked. "What? Why did you do that?" I yelled.

"You deserved it," Gorell exclaimed, looking exhausted. I see Reinya out of the corner of my eye spot us, and duck away, out of view. "Someone needed to knock some sense into you. Elemmire loves you, and you're too blind to see it. Who knows what she could have dreamt about when Ravaonna was attacking her dreams? Do you think Ravaonna could have lied to her? You've caused your own destruction, my dearest brother."