Chapter 6

Chapter 6 (Elemmire's POV)

I was snuggled up beside Legolas, and my head was buried into his chest, and I was intent on listening to the sound of him breathing.

“It’s almost night.” Legolas pointed out drowsily. “How long have I been asleep?”

“A couple of hours,” I smiled lifting my head up and gently kissing him on the lips. Slowly I sat up, then got to my feet. “I was hoping to freshen up my fighting skill, now that I have both my memories back and I am in full health.”

“Alright,” Legolas said jumping out of bed. “I would like to join thee, if you do not mind.” He bowed in a jokingly manner before the both of us quickly went to go get changed into our training clothes.

I changed into a dark olive-green tunic and a pair of beige breeches, I also fixed my braid which became messy when I was resting. Then I slung my shoulder sheaths and scabbards around myself.

Legolas and myself wasted no time walking down to the training center. It was ten years ago when the two of us fought a friendly duel against each other in the same place, and it brought back warm fuzzy feelings when I thought about it.

Once we reached the armoury we chose out weapons of choice, for myself a bow, sleek arrows, a long sword, and two small daggers.

“You ready?” Legolas asked, as we stepped on to the training field.

“When am I not,” I gave a half hearted laugh. Then I refocused my energy into training.

First I pulled out my bow and arrows. There were targets placed all round the field and behind trees

~~~

After an hour of practise Legolas and myself decided to have a little rematch. The two of us fought for along time, but I was out of practise and barely keeping up.

Legolas was quicker than I was, and he knocked my weapons out of my hands. They now laid two feet behind him, I had no chance in getting them back now. All of a sudden my thoughts started swirling, fire is my strength and If I can learn to wield it I won't need a sword or daggers. I will have my own weapon… but where to find it.

The answer whirled thoughts my thoughts wildly, and I instantly snapped my fingers, a burst of flame dancing towards the sky. I raised my eyebrows at Legolas, who looked surprised as I struggled to wield it.

I needed something for it to shape around. I grabbed a stick from the ground, and the flames I had created attacked itself to the weapon. Flames dripped from the tip, and I started to advance on Legolas. “Admit it, Legolas, you’re beat!” I yelled gleefully.

“Never,” He said and swung his sword, clashing with the flaming stick I was using.

I pushed my “sword” against his, sending him back a couple steps. Just a couple more, and I’d have my real sword back. I heard the harsh cracking of the stick, and I knew I would have to make it soon.

I charged at Legolas, swinging the flaming stick around, and he took the final few steps back. Quickly, I dashed for my sword and traded it, the flames from the stick following me to the sword. I turned to Legolas, triumph in my face.

“I’m giving you one last chance, it’s now or never!” I declared, getting ready in my fighting stance.