Chapter 20

Chapter 20 (Reinya’s POV)

“Well, that’s it,” I sighed, “I guess it is time to head back to Mirkwood to get Elemmire out of Erebor.”

“And Legolas,” Gorell added.

“Yeah… Legolas,” I rolled my eyes and turned around to start making our journey back.

“Deep down, I know you like him,” Gorell smiled wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

“Deep, Deep, Deep, Deep, down,” I mumbled under my breath, and Gorell let out a half hearted laugh at my comment.

Then the two of us made our way out of the Iron Mountains, and back home.

~~~

When we made it out of the cave we noticed two horses standing just outside the opening. “Um… Gorell, did you happen to find bring these horses here?” I asked cautious. What these horses were doing here?

“No, but I think he had something to do with it,” He pointed out to far in the distance where Naertho rocked back on to his haunches reared up into the air. Tossing his head up and kicking out his hooves. “That horse is-,”

“Weird,” I cut Gorell off, “That horse is weird, strange, and just unnatural.”

“Yeah, but without him, none of us probably would have made it this far,” Gorell reasoned.

I sighed, maybe Gorell was right, but I still hate that stupid horse.

Without wasting much time Gorell and myself mounted the horses and galloped off back to Mirkwood where we could get help from King Thranduil to save Elemmire… and Legolas… If we have to...

(Elemmire’s POV)

A large smile crossed my face as I looked down at Legolas, my hands were wrapped tightly around his neck and our faces were so close I could feel his breathes brush by my face.

“We really should head back to Mirkwood, my mother, your father, Gorell, and Reinya are probably worried sick,” I stared deep into his eyes for a couple for minutes.

“Two more minutes,” Legolas wined pulling me closer into him for one last kiss. Two minutes went by before Legolas relaxed, “Alright, Let’s head home.”

Carefully I stood up, and then helped Legolas to his feet. I looked down at his heavily blood stained shirt and it brought a bitter taste to my mouth, knowing that it was all my fault.

But what made my stomach turn was looking back down at Ravaonna’s ashed laid in a small pile. I could not tear my eyes away from what I had done. Water started building up in eyes, though I was not going to let the tear leak down my check, not for Ravaonna.

No one deserves to die, not even the worst of people, but atleast now more people can relax, even if I had to live with her blood on my hands for the rest of my life.

Legolas must have know what I was thinking because he placed a hand on my shoulder and whispered into my ear, “Don’t worry yourself with grief, what is done, is done.”

“A-and you are not afraid of me?” My voice was weak as if someone had punched me in the stomach.

“Now why would I be?” He asked gently looking deep into my eyes.

“B-Because I killed her in cold blood, without hesitation, my anger took over and I-I killed her!” My whole body started to tremble of fear, fear of what I had become. “This is exactly what my nightmares were of, and I thought my nightmares were all fake. Now I realizes they were glimpse of the future and the truth!”