Chapter 16

Chapter 16 (Reinya’s POV)

It was only a couple hours into our journey when Gorell turned to me, smiling brightly, and said, “Oropher the second. Or something close to that because it would be nice to have some-”

“No.” I cut him off.

“What? You don’t think we should have the name tie in with our family lineage?” He asked, confused.

“No, I mean, no child of mine will be called Oropher. Just, no.” I deadpanned, shaking my head. There was a silence between us as we each tried to come up with names if the baby was a boy. "What about Elinyon?"

“Eliny-I mean Elemmire’s fake male name? Really? You really are uncreative. At least mine showed respect to my family.” Gorell huffed, a little put off by my dislike for his choice.

“I cannot see calling my son Oropher. Maybe it will be a girl, and if it is, I am calling her Elinya. No arguments. None!” I told him, shaking a finger at him and poking his nose playfully.

Gorell’s face went slightly stern at the sound of Elemmire’s old name. “This has more to do with Elemmire than actually baby names, doesn’t it?”

My playful smile dropped slightly, he was right. “I am worried for her,” I paused for a second trying to find the right words, “She was in pain when we last saw her, and, it’s just, it breaks my heart to see her like that.” I felt the tears prickle in the back of my eyes.  

“I know,” Gorell wrapped his arms around me. We stood there for a couple minutes in silence as my thoughts were scrambling everywhere. A smile crossed Gorell’s face, “If it’s a boy, how about Adanion?”

The name flowed of Gorell’s tongue easily, it sounded strong, yet kind. “I like it...a lot...” I admitted slowly, and then turned and smiled before we continued to climb the mountain search of the volcano.

~~~

We continued climbing until nightfall, and until we could go no further. “How about up there,” Gorell pointed at a large ledge above us, “It looks like a safe place to sleep.”

“I could sleep just about anywhere right now,” I yawned sleepily.

Gorell led the way up to the ledge, and when we reached it it seemed as though steep mountain side,  had been flattened across the top with a single, massive bowlder/rock thing sitting in the middle.

“I am going to grab some wood to start a fire,” Gorell suggested walking just out of view. I took no hesitation on finding a comfy place to rest against the rock.

My mind started to wander as I sat in silence, back to the filthy little dwarves. “Ugh,” I yelled into the air, “Stupid, necindo, Yaivë, Nadorhuanrim, [insanely, insulting, cowardly dogs]! I hate filthy dwarves!” I did not care if anyone could hear me, the dwarves are responsible for EVERYTHING that has gone wrong in the past few days.

The second more insults came to mind I blurted them out, “Utinu en lokirim, [sons of snakes]with only the intentions of growing rich and living lavishly while the rest of us save the world. If it was not for us they would be crushed under the toe of Ravaonna, cowardly pigs! No, they don’t care about other people’s safety as long as they can sit in their piles of Gold!”

“Gold you say?” A deep unfamiliar voice asked.

“Yes! Mounds of if, you can no longer see the ground because there it so much, and don’t even get me started on the jewels and gems, and that stupid arkenstone. I don’t see why Mirkwood elves want it, it blinds the stupid race of dwarves with greed. There-there is enough gold to fill the entire ocean! They think that just because they more gold than anyone in Middle-Earth that they can do as they wish. UGGGHHHH!!!”