Chapter 21

Chapter 21 (Elemmire’s POV)  

It had taken us weeks to find our bearing, with the darkness that laid upon forest it made it hard to see where you were going. Though I was very glad when I saw the Forest River. It meant that we were almost home.

I could not wait another minute until I could walked into the borders of Mirkwood and finally feel save for once. Maybe Legolas and myself could finally start a family? But first what I wanted to do was take a long hot bath and then snuggle up in my warm bed.

Just thinking about sleep made me crave it even more. I had not even been able to shut my eyes since my last nightmare...

"Legolas," I sighed picking up speed to catch up to him. “How much longer do you think it will take us?” I asked curiously. I was not very familiar with area of Mirkwood, I had never travelled here before. But I did know, that Legolas knew this whole forest inside out.  

“Half a day at the most, if we keep a fast steady speed.” He looked down at me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "Don't worry we will be home soon."

As we continued walking I thought about my "home." Even though I was born in Lothlorien, I was not there long enough to really feel comfortable. Never in my lifetime would I consider Moria to be my home, even though I spent most of my life there. I did live on Reinya's ranch for ten years, but I still have troubles thinking of it as my home.  

I was an elf princess with no kingdom. Once I got out of Moria I was constantly running, never stopping to settle down. I wonder of I would like it? Settling down...

But one thing I knew for sure was that my home would always be beside Legolas, no matter where that is.

~(Many hours later)~

As we continued on I could feel my knees buckling under me, until they finally gave out. I let myself fall to my knees. I was too tired to continue any further.

Legolas crouched down beside me. I could tell that he was exhausted just like myself, but he kept on a strong face. A face of a worthy King. And I admired him for that.

"Elemmire are you alright?" He asked with a slight bit of worry in his tone.

"I am tired, that is all," yawned at the end of my sentence.

"Well then we had better take rest because I don’t think we can continue any further." He planted a soft kiss on my forehead before helping me up to my feet.

I slightly confused with his reply, “But it is unsafe to rest anywhere outside of your father’s halls.”

“Actually, I think there is one other place you might feel safe.” Legolas replied leading me through some bushes toward a familiar looking barn. I paused for a second as the memories came flooding back in, this was Reinya’s barn.

A smile crossed my face, “Oh Legolas, Thank you!”

Then he lead me to the house and into my old bedroom. Everything looked the same, the beautiful walls, and intricate designs, it was almost too much to take in at once.

The second I saw my bed both Legolas and myself went straight for it. We could not wait any longer to fall into a deep slumber.   

The second my head hit the pillow I fell into a deep sleep.

I awoke into another dream, this time I found myself lying on the hard cold ground, and all around me fires rose high.

Most of the time I would feel comfort with fire, but with these flames made me shiver. Almost like dark magic was used to conjure them.