Prëgñäñçŷ

One week later.......

"Sean, I think you need to go to the doctors," my father spoke. All week after Monday, I was throwing up, having mood swings and even having weird cravings. I was laying in bed, grasping my pillow and kept my eyes closed. Avoiding my father's eyes, I leaned into my pillow

"Sean, please just go to the doctors with me." I nodded into my pillow and I heard my father's footsteps walk away from the door and down the stairs. Crawling slowly out of bed and slipping out of the warm cacoon. Slowly waking up, my eyelids halfway open, I make my way to the closet. I picked out my grey 'I'm childish shirt' and slipped it on. I picked out my nice jeans and slid in them with ease, and grabbed my new grey converse.

"Sean let's go!" My father yelled, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm coming," I replied back down to him. I quickly undid my shoes laces and slipped them on quickly. I retied my shoes and rushed down the stairs. My feet as fast as they could go, practically ran down the stairs in a rush. My father was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, tapping his foot he looked at his watch before grabbing my arm roughly and dragged me to his black S.U.V.

The shiny car shown it that hot autumn of L.A, the sun reflecting off it's smooth surface. Father got into the truck and I followed. I swung open the door and hoped onto the stair before sitting down and slamming the door shut. Father started the car and we pulled out of the driveway. He turned on the radio before we just listened to music in the car. A variety of songs came onto the radio, but one really caught my attention. I couldn't tell what the song was called, or even who was singing it. First there was a baby laughing, almost like in a creepy movie, then it said hello. Follow by "I love you mommy" and then a women crying. Almost a weeping.

"I need you to listen
Think before you make that decision"

I listen closly to the lyrics, each words making a relatable point in my life.

"You see I once knew a girl
Perfect as all hell
Happy and all swell
Till the day it all fell"

I squinted my eyes at the screen that was in the middle of the deck. Curiously, there was no name of who was singing it. But a name did pop up on the screen told me that the artist was named B-Mike. Sounds like a douchebag name.

"Alright was her responce
So not after very long it was drinks and puffing bongs until she was barely conscious
She meets a guy who keeps winking with his eye
Wants to get between her thighs
But it's clear he has not concious"

This guy is good though, I thought to myself. I listened for a god chuck of the song until my father turned the knob on the radio, switching the song out for some country beat. I groaned in reply and leaned back in my seat. I can't wait to get my own car.

Soon enough we arrive at the hospital parking lot. We found a spot right off the bat, maybe because it was a school day or maybe people just don't schedule doctors appointments on Monday. Either way me and dad jumped out of the truck. Gathering my strength I stepped down on the step and continued down onto the street. I looked down at my swollen ankles, admiring how big they had gotten. They had began to swell about three days ago, but they haven't gone down, so another thing to ask the doctor about.

My dad whistled for my attention, I snapped my focus to my dad and he pointed to his wrist. I nodded and we quickly speed walked to the front doors. I opened the first door for my father and he slid through. When I went inside the building I got the instant wiff of iron. The corridor lead to an large area where little kids were running around and playing with little toys. I looked over at the desk with the secretary typing away at her keyboard. My father looked down at her and coughed into his hand to get her attention. The secretary looked up from her computer, then she began to straighted her glasses.

"Hello, who are you here to see today?" I gulped as my father gave my doctors name, Dr. Daniel, and they continued to talk about information about insurance. Then the secretary handed us a clipboard and sent us to go sit down. I sat down next to the window and my dad sat next to me, he began to fill out the information needed on the paperwork as I sat quietly, watching the kids as they played their game of I spy. I guess I watched for to long, because a mother of one of the children noticed me staring then quickly grabbed her child and stalked over to the chairs were I couldn't see either of them. I sighed, I don't mean to seem like a creep. Just as I was about to started crying, Pa tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the paperwork.

"What are your symptoms?" He asked, I looked down at my swollen ankles and started listing the things that have been popping up. Like throwing up after eating, swollen feet, I've even had some strange cravings like chocolate covered pickles. But I didn't tell him about the pickle thing, it's quite strange to me. But soon enough after that, a nurse called my name from the door. I got up and dad followed as we got to the nurse. She lead us to a room just around the corner, then she had me stand on a scale to weigh me. I looked down at the weight as I stood on the weight plate. 149 lbs. This can't be right. I've gained 10 pounds in the last week.

The nurse clicked the pen she had then began to write on the paper, then turned me around to get my height. She marked that down on the paper then made me sit and took my temperature and took my heart rate. She wrote them down on the clipboard, and smiled at me.

"You're looking great Mr. McLoughlin, I'm going to grab the doctor and he'll be right in." I nodded as the nurse went out of the room. I looked at my dad, he was just playing on his phone as I sat on the large plastic bed. We waited for maybe a minute before a large man walked through the door. He was fairly built, his biceps were toned and muscular. You could tell from underneath the doctor scrubs he had a visible six pack. He had a manly beard and buzzed hair. He looked quite tough, but he looked rather friendly as he smiled at me.

"Good morning Mr. McLoughlin," he looked down at my charts and began to look at me then at the clipboard. He shook his head before smiling again and stook out his hand.

"My name is Dr. Daniel. But please call me James." I smiled and took his hand in mine. We shook hands before he continued to look at my charts. He hummed to himself, almost in confusion.

"Well that's odd," James mumbled. I lead forward to listen even more. But he didn't say anything, just stared at clipboard. James turned to me and gave me a weak smile.

"Sorry, normally I don't do this but can I bring you in for an ultrasound?" I nodded and he motioned for me and my dad to follow him. But my Pa was still on his phone playing a game. I whistled at him, he then looked up and gave a confused look. I whipped my hand over to the door, he then nodded in understanding and put his phone in his pocket. We followed James to a new part of the hospital. We passed other doctors and nurses then we entered a dark room. I was quite small, but large enough for James, me and dad. James told me to lay down so I did as told. I curled myself on the pastiche bed. James told me to lift my shirt as he reached in a drawer to grab a clear plastic bottle. I lifted my shirt, James then put on some glothes so he could squirt some gel like stuff on his hand. With no warning he placed his hand on my belly and started to spread the gel. I shivered at the gels touch. The ice cold gel stung my belly. I let out a little whimper, and James gave me an apoligetic look. James grabbed a little remote and flipped a switch on it before pressing down hard on my belly. I groaned but stopped when I heard a loud bang. I looked over the table and saw the clipboard had dropped, but the doctor stood frozen with the remote still on my belly.

"Well.... Um.... Congrats. You're pregnant." James said hesitantly. I lifted my head and my father snapped up from his chair almost knocking it over. On the screen was a large bubble looking thing and right in the center was another tiny bubble.

"Run that by me again." My dad looked furious, he seemed pissed at the doctor, almost like he was mad to receve the results. I started to shake. My heart pounded in my head and my chest. I could feel the beat in my ears, I could hear the doctors reply. I simply closed my eyes, and black consumed my world.