Thê Pröm Ñîght (3 Møñths)

It was an hour before the official Queer Prom would start. A prick of guilt hit me in my chest. I would be moving a couple of days after tonight's dance. I looked down at myself and then looked back into the mirror. My belly wasn't really noticeable underneath my casual black jeans, white shirt, and black tie. But something felt like it was missing. I looked around until I spotted my locket from my dresser. I quickly grabbed it and flipped it open. I grinned. My father had given it to me. It had my first ultrasound picture in it and another empty space in it for another picture. I shut it and wrapped it around my neck. I smiled, at least tonight I would look like every other person there.

Over the last week our prom ad had gotten some attention. Over thirty people were confirmed to go. And that's not including dates. From in the mirror I saw my dad leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. He smiled and I turned to face him to smile back.

"You look great son," I grinned and ran into his open arms. He squeezed me and I hugged him tight.

"Thanks dad."

We let go after a warm embrace. My dad and me shared the same excited expression; and in that moment I finally saw myself as my dad saw me. I looked down at my tiny belly and smiled.

"I'm so proud of you Jack, your baby will have a great father." I blushed but I smiled up at him even brighter.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too Jack." We embraced again and held it for a few more moments before my dad looked down at me again.

"By the way, your friends are here." I looked at him with a fake harshness and grabbed my phone before rushing out of the door.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He didn't have time to answer as I rushed down the stairs and into the living room.

"Sorry guys, my dad is a little out of it today." They all laughed as we grabbed some of the extra things we all wanted to bring and we were off. We took Dan's white van (mainly cause it could fit all of us) and head off to the prom.

Everyome dressed nice for the occasion. Shane being the most interesting. Most of them wore a white shirt and some nice pants like me. However, Shane had put on some black leggings and a hot pink tutu. He wore a black shirt with the pride flag on it with gems coating the flag. He had on a brown haired wig with some muti-colored see-through ribbons in it. But to put some humor in it, he had put on a pig nose and started to made pig noses.

"Will their be bacon at this event?" Shane asked. Ryland replied with a quick 'yes' and Shane squealed like a pig.

"My bretheren!" He squeaked as he started to snort again. He gave us all a big laugh before we arrived to the giant building we were hosting at.

Luckily no one arrived early, except the volunteers who offered to help us set up. However, the prom started in a half hour and all that was set up was the DJ and the food stands. The boys and I realized we needed to haul ads in order for us to pull it off.

We quickly got to work on the stations, like the glitter tattoos, and the drawings for a gay pride basket we had made together. Someone even set up a trail of rainbow flags out side the gym. By the time all the food and decorations were set up we had ten minutes before we would have people coming. I began to start helping Phil with the surround sound system. It got complicated when we had to start handing cords on the balcony and over the stage. But luckily we were able to get things done just in time for prom to start. We quickly turned off the light and tested the lights, microphones and speakers.

People started to scream in as we were testing the microphones. So being myself I put myself on charge of welcoming people.

"Welcome one and all." The crowd turned my way and I smiled.

"Well, tonight's event was truly a big success. So of we could all give a hand to our party organizers and volunteers who help set up for this amazing night." There was endless cheer as the people began to clap almost endlessly.

"Also another big thank you to our sponsors and the theater for helping us. Without them it would have been impossible for this night to happen." The crowd repeated their last action and I let them die out again before continuing.

"Alrighty guys, let's party!" The crowd went wild as loud music blasted through the speakers and allowed them all to start dancing. There were some interesting characters I saw through out the night. Man in large poofy dresses and heels, some in crop tops and shorts, girls with short hair cuts, and guys with long. A part of me felt at ease with the people there. They were not afraid to show who they were, and most acted like party animals. I walked around looking around for my friends and found Cry at the glitter tattoo station, helping Dan with designs.

Cry began to really come out of his shell around other people. He was talking and even laughing while doing this with Dan.

Phil was working music while Shane and Ryland were handing out rainbow stickers and flags. The food being unsupervised as we had planned it was doing good. We had everything from cake to chips and soda. However Joey was nowhere to be seen. I looked around and it made me smile as I saw him dancing. But it wasn't a regular dance.

I laughed as an epic dance battle went down between Joey and another guy from the crowd. Joey was killin it with a sick twisted move. But the guys came back with a shuffle twist and a side flip. The crowd oooh-ed but Joey came back by sliding on his knees and shimmered his way up to the man's face and got close. The guy smirked and grabbed Joey by the waist and dipped him near to the ground. Joey and this stranger got a little closer until their lips smashed together. The crowd screamed before fading off into their own dancing. I shook my head and smiled before turning my attention to the music station across the way. It was then that Phil walked up to the microphone and tapped it to get every ones attention.

"Everyone havin a good time?" the crowd screamed and clapped as hard as they could. Phil smiled and whooped before drawing in the crowd.

"Well that's great. But it wouldn't be a prom of I didn't play some romance songs. So this song goes out to all the couples here tonight." The crowd screamed and then began to get into pairs in a ball dance pose. When Phil walked away from the speakers a quiet tune began to play. Then the voice of a young boy came over the speakers, singing a beautiful song.

I listened to melody, it was a familiar tune. It took me the whole song until I realized it was from a new movie that came out. I smiled at the message it has sent out to the couples dancing in the crowd. My shoulders droped, realizing that everyone one was dancing in a partnership.... Exept me.

It was then that a familiar blonde walked up to me. His sharp blue eyes showed his happiness to see me. His smile was wide and genuine. I smiled back as we came into an embrace.

"Hey Jack," Felix said gleefully.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Felix smiled brighter before he let go of our hug.

"I dumped Marzia. I realized that she was homophobic, though she put up a great show." I raised my eyebrows in confusion but Felix just continued.

"Jack, I didn't say anything, but I've been bi since.... Well forever. Marzia was just too much know she could except who I was. Besides, I would never abandon my best friend." I smiled and looked over at Cry sitting on the sidelines, waiting for people to do the tattoos. I smiled wider and whispered in Felix's ear and he looked over to Cry. He nodded and began to walk over to him.

When the song had ended the crowd began to clap and Phil began to return to his station when he stopped. He ran back over to Dan in concern and my worry set in when Phil called me over. I squeezed my way through the crowd and followed Phil over to Dan. Dan was squatting in a painful stance with liquid under his legs, and it had leaked all over his black pants.

"Phil, my water just broke." Me and Phil choked and we stood with our eyes like sausers. Dan gripped his belly and grunted loudly. I quickly pushed Phil toward Dan.

"Phil, we need to get him to a hospital." I began to sprint to the table Shane and Ryland were at while Phil helped Dan waddle to the car.