Tïñŷ Dåñ åñd Phïl

The hospital air was toasty compared to the cool night outside. Dan and Phil insisted that I stayed with them as they took the two miracles inside their cubical. Dan was resting, all his energy was used up from the birth. But it was finally over and Dan fell to his side to snooze. Phil on the other hand couldn't sleep. His mind was over taken by fear, so his fatherly instincts kicked in, and he stay the whole night watching his two children sleep. My position was sitting next to Dan to ensure that he had a decent sleep. My mind wandered to what Dan and Phil would name their cute children. Phil had said they talked about it but never had the chance to confirm the names. So when Dan woke they would decide in their names but for now Dan needed rest.

It was a few minutes into Dan's sleep when my phone started to ring. I looked down at my phone and quickly put it to silent. The caller I.D read....

Ryland✌

Facepalming myself I quickly picked up the line with a heavy breath.

"Hello?"

"JACK!" Shane screamed into the phone. Pulling my sensitive ear away from the phone I shushed him.

"Oh. Right. How are the parents doing?" Just in the nick of time Phil entered the room rubbing his eyes from sleep. He yawned loudly but in any case looked well enough to take the phone from me.

"Why not ask them yourself?" I covered the phones speaker and whispered to Phil who was on the phone. He grinned and gladly took the phone from me. Taking this opportunity I made my way to the window of the infirmary. In an instant I spotted my two godchildren, they were bundled up nicely in new blue and pink blankets.

The little girl stirred and began screaming. Instict kicked in but all I could do was watch as she screamed for her daddy. Quickly a nurse rushed in and picked her up. The nurse did everything she could think of but little princess wouldn't calm down. Soon she had to step out of the room or the other children would start to cry. Slowly her face began to turn red from crying. The nurse smiled weakly and offered for me to hold her. She obviously knew who I was so she passed over my God child and rushed back to what she was doing previously.

I looked down at the little girl as she began to calm. Smiling I rocked her till she fell completely still. No doubt that today was a big day for her too. But looking closer I noticed that she looked a lot like Phil. Her raven black hair glowed in the light, however she had Dan's luscious curles. When she looked back up at me I noticed her eyes. Her eyes were both diffrent colors. One was an icy blue like Phil, but her other eye was a light brown maple syrup color..... Like Dan. I stared in awe at this little girl, she was gorgeous. A smile of pride was glittered to my face, and the little baby giggled. Her tiny fingers raked through my facial hair and laughed as she enjoyed playing with my face.

I wonder if her bother has her eyes?

I wondered at the trouble she would get into when she got older. I worried if her eyes would make her standout too much. I quickly tossed it into the back of my head. We would have to wait till she started school.

Diciding that her father would want to look at her me and mystery baby walked back into Dan's room. Phil was still on the phone with Shane but froze his conversation to look at me.

"Hey Shane, gonna have to call you back." He hung up my phone and set it on the cabinet next to him. He slowly approached his daughter and I offered for him to hold her. He gradually took his daughter into his arms and held her. She giggled at him and start to stroke his smooth face.

"She's beautiful." Phil whispered. I nodded but froze once I saw the look of panic on his face. It was then I knew that he had looked into her eyes. But the love slowly returned back into his gaze. We said nothing but the look that Phil have his daughter was priceless.

A small nurse then knocked on the door and brought in the boy. He smiled, showing off his gums as he did, the nurse handed me the boy and I bounced him just a bit.

"I thought the siblings should be together." She quietly exited while shutting the door. I looked down at the little boy, the first thing I looked at was his eyes. But they were a normal ice blue. His hair was a slick brown, his tiny body was a bit chubby but cute all the same. Phil couldn't stop staring at his little girl, the little thing had started to stroke her papa's chin.

It wasn't a while until Dan finally woke from his sleep. Of course, like a normal parent, he wanted to see his baby twins. When Phil handed over the two angels Dan couldn't stop himself from cry. Dan didn't mind the little girls eyes, however, she did see a little giggly when Dan looked at her. Now that her papa was crying, she screamed. Dan shushed her from her cries and she calmed a bit but whimpered as her brother peacefully fell asleep. Dan couldn't stop smiling down at them and neither could Phil - I was no different. It was then that Dan popped out the big question.

"What are we naming them?" Phil went crazy with names ranging from Johnathan to Blazer. Of course Dan vetoed all of them cause they were either too silly or didn't fit them. Dan thought of a few but still didn't like the results because they were American and they were all British. Phil had a new name however that Dan did like.

"Nilly..." Phil spaced off than finished with an uproar.

"Nilly Margret Howell!" Phil was then shushed by the irritated Dan but he wasn't upset with the name. Dan actually liked it. 

"I love it Phil. Little Nilly will be a jewel." Dan nuzzled his daughter and she giggled at the simple affection. But they had yet to name the little boy. Dan and Phil thought but nothing could come to mind. Then Dan smiled and looked down at his baby boy.

"How about Alex? Alexander David Howell?" Phil nodded in agreement but yawned as his family began to get droopy eyes from all the excitement from the day. I felt special being able to experience the joy in the room and Phil cuddled up with his family and they all drifted to sleep. I walked over to the door and began to open it before turning back and grinned.

"Goodnight Alexander and Nilly, bless it be." I smiled then made my way quietly out of the room and closed it behind me, leaving the new family to get some rest.