Chapter 6

Dinner seemed to last hours. The two royal families sat with each other, seemingly in their own world. The rest of us sat at one table, exchanging awkward glances while they talked.

Samuele was positioned in between Genevieve and Derek. I couldn't help but notice the way Gen leaned into him while they talked, but he seemed to inch away every time she got closer. His eyes were sweeping across the girls and he caught my staring. He winked and I looked away before anyone could notice.

"I swear, it's like he's trying to take our clothes off with his eyes," Liana glared at him from her seat beside me. "You'd think a Prince would have better manners."

I chuckled at her comment but glanced back up at him. His gaze had turned back to Genevieve and Derek.

There was something strange about him. If one only looked at his eyes, like Liana, they would simply assume that he was a pervert and was trying to find a girl for his bedroom. But if you looked at his face, he seemed almost--thoughtful. As if he was trying to figure out what we were like in one simple glance.

"I dunno. Maybe he's just scoping us out for Derek?" I shrugged.

Liana snorted. "He's a flirt and a perv. I don't understand why Derek is friends with him or why Gen is interested in him."

"They've known each other for years," I nudged her. "Besides, I'm sure Genevieve will tell us everything."

Liana set her fork down, her dinner finished. "We've known Genevieve for a couple months. We may be good friends, but we really don't know much about her."

Liana's comment struck me. We really didn't know much about Genevieve, at least not as much as we'd liked to think we did. She was two years older than us, most likely with years of drama behind her.

I'd never known much about the royal families. Heck, I hadn't even known Prince Samuele existed until a couple weeks ago. As far as I knew, Genevieve had never been in a public relationship, but that didn't mean she hadn't had private ones. What if Samuele had been one of them?

It also seemed to be a strange time for the Italians to visit. With new rebel attacks happening every day, it was likely that the palace had another one coming soon. It was risky to have two major royal families in one palace, especially a palace with a target on its back.
  _________________________
Sorry this chapter was so short. These next few chapters will mainly be filler until I can get into the main drama of this book. Please comment if you have any questions, suggestions, etc, and please vote if you liked this chapter!

xoxo, _lovemultifandoms_