Chapter 8

I walked out of the Great Room, having just finished Celia's history test. Thanks to Princess Everly, I was confident I had done well. Still, it was difficult for me to concentrate, as the only thing I could focus on was her and James. After passing him as I walked in to the test, all I could think about was whether or not he felt the same way.

I opened the door to my room, where I was greeted by my maids' hands tugging me into the bathroom. In just a few minutes, I was sitting in the tub while they rushed around trying to find soaps and hair conditioner.

I rolled my eyes. "We have plenty of time before dinner. Why are you all in such a rush?"

"Because you were nearly late last time. We're not risking anything," Beth fixed me with her signature stare. "Elisa, where's the conditioner?"

"I've got it." Cora piped up as she poured the thick white cream into Elisa's hands.

As Elisa rubbed her hands together, preparing to wash my hair, I could see her eyes widen in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Beth frowned as Elisa's mouth curled in disgust.

"My hands...is this a new conditioner?" Elisa frowned as she moved her fingers. "It's...oddly sticky."

Cora leaned forward and sniffed Elisa's hands. Immediately, her eyes widened and her nose wrinkled. "That's not conditioner--it's glue."

"Glue?" Beth, Elisa and I exclaimed at once.

Cora nodded quickly, immediately pushing Elisa to the sink to wash her hands. Beth picked up the bottle to examine it closer.

"Who would put glue in your conditioner?" Elisa exclaimed, frantically washing the sticky paste off her hands.

"Someone who wants to sabotage her," Beth frowned as she handed me a towel and I stepped out of the tub. "Let's just finish with your hair and get you dressed."

Without skipping a beat, Beth and Cora got to work drying and curling my hair. After helping me into a light purple evening gown, I rushed down the stairs to dinner.

The other selected and royals were mingling while they waited for dinner and the rest of the girls. I could see Liana in a corner waiting for me.

"Oh thank goodness. I was worried you weren't coming." Liana smiled as I walked up to her.

"There was a hair incident. Someone put glue in the conditioner bottle."

Her eyes widened. "Who?"

I shrugged. "I don't know but thank God Cora realized what it was before Elisa's hands were glued to my head."

She giggled. "If I'm being honest, that would have been hilarious."

"Oh shut up." I laughed, nudging her with my elbow.

"Well, that's not very nice." Prince Samuele stepped in front of us, a smirk on his annoyingly pretty face.

Liana rolled her eyes. "And what would you know about being nice?"

"Liana!" I gasped, nudging her again.

"What? It's true." She mumbled

Prince Samuele chuckled. "It's alright. I like a girl who has some spice in her."

"Oh, I bet you do." Liana glared up at him, surprisingly angry.

"On that note, I say we sit down," I cleared my throat, taking Liana's arm and leading us to our seats. "What is your problem?"

"He's just so, gah. He's infuriating." Liana glared at Samuele, who had moved on to another group of girls.

I rolled my eyes. "He's just a flirt, like you said. Ignore him and focus on Derek. He's who we're all here for anyways."

Liana sighed. "I'm sorry. I just don't understand why people like guys like him so much."

"Probably because he's hot and a prince. And the accent is like a little cherry on top." I looked at her.

She scoffed, nudging me on the shoulder. "Barf. I was hoping you'd be immune to him."

I snorted. "Trust me, Liana. I have no interest in Samuele."

"Oh, I know. You're too busy ogling Derek." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"And you're not?"

She shrugged, looking up at Derek who was seated next to Samuele. "He's cute. I just don't know exactly how I feel yet."

"We're Elite, Li. Shouldn't you know by now?" I said softly, following her gaze.

She shrugged, turning back to food. "Maybe. I don't know. If it's meant to be it'll happen. But I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't."

I sighed, my eyes still on Derek. He smiled and winked when he noticed me staring, bringing his attention back to Sam.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Derek either. I knew I liked him, obviously, but was it love? Neither of us had said it, but I could almost feel the words hanging above us. Could I love Derek? Or did I love him already?
    ________________________
Just a quick update. Hope you guys enjoy :)

Please comment and vote!