Chapter 9

"You never told me you liked horror movies." I grimaced as Derek and I walked out of the theater, hand in hand.

"I don't actually. I just picked that so you'd use me to cover your eyes." He smirked down at me, blue eyes twinkling mischievously.

I blushed, remembering how I'd buried my head in his shoulder every time the murderer appeared. "Well, I guess you succeeded then."

He chuckled, squeezing my hand. "Anything to get you close to me."

I stopped in the corner of the hall, tugging his arm gently. "You don't have to use scary movies to make me want to be near you." I smiled up at him.

He grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. I curled my hands around the nape of his neck, bringing his lips down to mine. I didn't know where I'd found the courage to be so bold with him, but I didn't mind it. Kissing him was pure bliss.

He pulled away after a few moments and rested his forehead on mine, his hands still warm on my waist. "Erika, I..."

Someone whistled from behind us and we both jumped in surprise. Samuele, leaning against a doorway, a cocky and knowing smirk on his face. He wore a simple white button up, the sleeves rolled to the elbows, with black trousers and shoes.

He stood suddenly, sauntering over to us. "I didn't know you were this close to any of the ladies, Derek."

"You've been here for less than a week, Sam," Derek glanced at me, silently apologizing for the rude interruption.

"And we're best friends! I would have expected to at least know a name," Samuele said before glancing at me; he grinned suddenly. "Oh, Genevieve will love this."

"You don't say a word to Genevieve." Derek bristled at the mention of his twin sister.

Samuele laughed. "Still scared of her, aren't you?"

"You wake up to a snake in your room and tell me how you feel," Derek glared. "What are you even doing here anyways?"

"You're standing in front of my room," Samuele raised an eyebrow. "You should probably pick a better place for your next 'make-out sesh'--preferably one not in an open hallway where someone like me can see you."

I felt my cheeks turn red. "It wasn't a...make-out sesh."

"Sure, love," Sam chuckled. "Now, I'd love to stay and chat but, Derek, I believe James, Gen, Kile, and Ev are waiting for us."

Derek sighed and rubbed his face. "Just tell them I'll be there in a minute."

Samuele nodded, winking quickly at me before turning away.

Derek turned back to me, tapping his foot and running a hand through his hair. "Sorry about that..."

"It's alright. I thought I was starting to like him but," I paused. "Well, he's sort of an ass."

"Sam is an ass," He laughed, taking both of my hands in his. "He's not always but he's been particularly ass-like this visit."

I bit my lip gently and looked at him. "Then why are you friends?"

"Same as you and Genevieve, I guess," he shrugged. "When he's not an asshole he's a pretty nice guy. Plus we've practically known each other since birth."

I nodded, deciding to push Samuele out of my head. I looked back up at Derek. "So, before Sam interrupted..."

"I'm really sorry, but I've got to go," he blanched, looking towards where Sam had disappeared. "I'll see you later?"

He gently kissed my forehead before I could even answer, dashing off towards the empty hallway. I groaned, wishing I'd pulled us into a different hallway. Damn, Samuele.
  _________________________
Just a quick little update! I missed Derika (is that cute or weird? lol) so I decided to publish this cutesy little chapter. Hope you all enjoyed it!

P.S. Another Selected just hit 20k reads! That's incredible! Thank you guys so much for reading; it means so much to me.

Love you guys and thanks for all the support! Please comment and vote :)

xoxo, _lovemultifandoms_