CHAPTER 15

Days later in Moniqa's apartment . . . .

            "What are you thinking about?" Xiah asked Iqa as he gently caressed her hair.

            She was lying on his lap while he was sitting comfortably on the sofa.

            Moniqa laughed. "I'm thinking about how our managers are going to react once they find out that our make-believe love affair just became a reality."

            Xiah laughed as well. "I think we are going to receive a lot of nagging after they learn about us."

            Moniqa looked at Xiah seriously. "Aren't you afraid . . . . even a little bit? The presidents of your record  companies will surely demand an explanation from you . . . ."

            "Well . . . . I'll just tell them that I fell in love with you . . . . That is the only explanation I can give them . . . ." he said with a smile.

            "Silly . . . . they will surely be more upset if you do that," she replied.

            "How about you? Aren't you scared of what your manager and Sony Music will say?" he suddenly asked back.

            Moniqa smile. "No . . ."

            "Why?" he asked curiously.

            "Because . . . . the very first thing I demanded from Sony Music when I was still signing a contract with them is that they can never interfere with my love life . . . . I can be in a relationship whenever . . . . wherever . . . . and with whomever I want. And they agreed to it . . . . It's also written in my contract. So they can't really object if I have a relationship with you . . . ." she replied with a laugh.

            "That's good . . . . I'm very much relieved to hear that . . . ." Xiah said while smiling.

            "Do you know you're so cute . . . . when you're smiling like that?" Moniqa asked as she stared at Xiah.

            "I know . . . . I know I'm totally irresistible . . . . and naturally born very cute," he replied with a grin.

            "Really?' she asked then she started to laugh.

            "Yes . . . . that's why a lot of girls just love me . . . " he replied again with a grin.

            "You're quite conceited . . . ." she said as she started pinching Xiah.

            Xiah laughed as Moniqa lightly pinched him.

            "So better prepare yourself . . . . you will always get jealous . . . . because a lot of girls always ran after me . . . . ." he said again as he laughed.

            "Oh . . . . you . . . . ." she said with a laugh as well. "Better start running . . . . because I'm gonna pinch you until your whole body hurts."

            Xiah suddenly moved away from Moniqa. . . . and she quickly ran after him, trying to pinch him anywhere she could get her hands on. Both of them laughed so hard, as they both ran around the room. They were both very happy. They were like little children playing around in the park. They both laughed and giggled happily.

            After almost fifteen minutes of playing around, Xiah and Moniqa were already both very exhausted. They both sat on the sofa again to rest.

            Moniqa snuggled close to Xiah. She was resting her head comfortably on his chest. She could hear his heart beat as she lay so close to him.