CHAPTER 21

Moniqa was silently sitting on the sofa while drinking a glass of wine. She had been staring blankly at the TV screen for almost an hour. Her break up with Xiah had already been announced by Sony Music a few days ago. Many reporters covered the sudden press conference and it was even aired live in a showbiz program. She wanted to think . . . . but there was nothing on her mind . . . . except the fact that Xiah and her were finally over. She suddenly laughed bitterly as tears rolled down from her eyes. She was missing Xiah badly, and it was driving her mad. She wanted to forget . . . . forget everything . . . .

            She had been dreaming of him these passed few days. She didn't want to think about him anymore, but he just kept on appearing in her head. She slowly twirled the glass of wine in her hand. It was already empty. She suddenly tossed the glass of wine on the floor. And within seconds . . . . the glass had shattered into tiny pieces. Then she saw the two bottles of wine next to her . . . she quickly grabbed them, one by one and tossed them on the floor as well.

            She was missing Xiah so much . . . . she had tried every possible way to forget him. But she just kept on thinking about him. He was like air she couldn't live without. She couldn't control her mind . . . . and especially not her heart. She was already crazy with her longing for him.

            She had been drinking for hours and the wine had already taken effect . . . . both in her body and in her mind. She was already drunk and she wasn't thinking straight. She was already feeling very dizzy. Slowly she tried to stand from the sofa that she was sitting on. And as soon as she stood up, she immediately fell down again on the sofa. She already felt that everything around her was spinning. She tried to get up again. She was able to walk a few steps away from the sofa when she felt dizzy again.

            Moniqa tried to control herself. She tried to fight the dizziness she was feeling. But her body was already weak. . . . and within minutes, she fell on the floor with pieces  of broken glass scattered everywhere.

            As Moniqa helplessly fell on the floor . . . . she somehow could feel the tiny pieces of glass that pierced different parts of her body. She knew it should hurt and that she should feel great pain. But she was somehow numb all over. She couldn't feel anything. And as she finally lay motionless on the floor . . . . she suddenly noticed the bright red liquid oozing on the floor where she lay. . . . . It was blood . . . . her blood . . . . She was bleeding profusely.

            Moniqa just closed her eyes. She didn't care if she died at that moment. She didn't care about anything . . . . anymore. She was thinking that she was going to die anyway. . . .so she didn't need to prolonged it. Before she had a reason to keep on fighting and hoping . . . . but now that Xiah was gone . . . . . She didn't have any reason to live anymore.

            The DBSK boys were all sitting in their van. Their scheduled rehearsal for Moniqa and Se7en's concert had been cancelled in order to give way to a sudden video shoot.

            "What's with this sudden video shoot?" Max asked while they were in the van.

            "Don't know . . . . They just said that it is going to be used for the commercial for the concert," Micky replied.

            "Oh . . . ." Max uttered.

            "Why all of a sudden?" Micky asked again.

            The other DBSK boys just shrugged their shoulders.

            "So . . . . hyung . . . .where are we going now?" Jaejoong asked their manager.