CHAPTER 27

Still holding hands. . . . Moniqa and Xiah walked into the open garden until they finally came upon a man-made lagoon.

            "This is so beautiful!" Moniqa suddenly exclaimed. She was taken by surprise by the sight before her.

            "Yes . . . It is very captivating . . . ." Xiah agreed. He was also very attracted to the beautiful sight he was looking at.

            It was already night time and the moon was shining brightly in the sky. While the moon's reflection on the lagoon's water was somehow illuminating everything around the lagoon. The scene was totally breathtaking. It was like a scene out of a magazine cover, that had suddenly became a reality right before their eyes.

            Xiah and Moniqa gently sat down, beside each other, on the upper side of the lagoon. They were both looking over the spectacular sight before them.

            "The last time I went here . . . maybe a year ago. This place wasn't here before . . . . So Masao must have made this new improvement to his place a few months ago . . . ." she said with a sigh of awe.

            "This place is really something . . . . " Xiah said. "The perfect place for lovers like us . . . ."

            Iqa looked at Xiah with a smile. "Really now? I noticed that you're becoming more and more of a romantic these past few days . . . ."

            "Romantic? Me? I'm a born romantic . . . .It's just that I don't easily show it to anyone," he answered with a sweet smile.

            Moniqa suddenly laughed out loud. "Oh Xiah! You're killing me . . . ."

            Xiah looked at Iqa with a hurt look on his face. Moniqa suddenly stopped laughing as soon as she saw the look on Xiah's face.

            "Oh . . . . I'm sorry . . . Xiah. I didn't mean to offend you or anything . . . It's just that I am not used to seeing you being so romantic and all . . . . " she said apologetically.

            "So you mean you don't like me to show you how much I love you?" Xiah asked with a strange expression on his face.

            "No . . . . no . . . .  what I mean is . . . . Oh! Never mind . . . . I just love you the way you are," Iqa said as she gently embraced Xiah. "Is your brother as sweet as you? I never even met your twin brother yet . . . ."

            "Don't worry . . . . You will meet him. He is also very much interested in meeting you," Xiah said with a smile.

            Moniqa suddenly release Xiah from his embrace and then she leaned against Xiah's shoulder.

            "Can we be like this forever?" she asked suddenly.

            Xiah looked at the sky . . . . then she slowly stared at Iqa as she was resting her head on his shoulder. "Yes . . . . we can . . . . if you like," he answered.

            Moniqa raised her head and stared at at Xiah for a few minutes. . . . then she suddenly took Xiah's hand and held it between her two hands.

            "Why do I suddenly feel that you're going to say something that I won't like?" Xiah said as she tried to hide his fear with a smile.

            Iqa smiled. "Yes . . . I am going to say something . . . . and you're right . . . .You may not like what I am going to say . . . . "

            Xiah's smile totally disappeared the moment he heard what Moniqa said.

            "Then I don't want to hear it!" he said as he looked at the lagoon.