one - miss me

"Just go for it already, Sammie," my best friend, Lillian, exasperated.

"Lily, I'm not going up to Charlie and asking him on a date. You can if you are just so in love with the idea of him," I shrugged, closing my locker shut.

"But he's not into me, he's into you! There's no wrong in going for him. Especially if you're pining over your brother's best friend," I could barely make out that last sentence she muttered. But since I did hear it, I gave her a hard wack on the arm.

"Not necessary!" She shrieked. I rolled my eyes and stepped into our history class.

"It is if you're being stupid."

"Hey, I only state facts! I've known about your little fantasy with that guy for the past three years. It's time to grow out of your fourteen year old mind and go for guys you actually stand a chance with!"

I sent her a glare and sat down in my chair. I mean sure, maybe I've thought about my brother's best friend quite too often and quite too in depth, but hey, that's any kind of crush.

"Okay well, my love life should not be any of your concern. I'm fine just where I am," I shrugged, taking out my notebook.

"Whatever, Sammie, don't say I didn't warn you," she scolded. She walked over to her seat on the other side of the room and flashed me a sinister smile before turning towards the front.

History was always my favorite subject. I always loved learning about past events (except for early American history).

"Nice of you to join us, Mr. Hood," my teacher spoke up from behind his desk.

"How the hec–" Calum started, amazed at how the teacher caught him.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere. Now please, stop disrupting my class."

"Hey, you're the one who decided to stop teaching and call me out on being late," Calum shrugged, plopping down in his seat.

"That attitude of yours needs to be brought down," Mr. Johnston sassed. Teacher goals honestly.

Rest of class went by smoothly with the occasional bickering from Calum and Mr. Johnston, but no one minded.

"You know," I spoke as Lily and I stepped out of the classroom, "if I've got to go for Charlie, you've got to go for Calum. Your ever lingering stares at him can be seen from a mile away."

"Oh hush it," she snapped. I laughed at her 'You-make-me-so-mad-I-just-want-to-kill-you-yet-I-love-you' face.

"I'll see you at my locker later," I called out to her as we parted our ways to the rest of our classes. She flipped me the middle finger which I just brushed off as I made my way to my economics class.

"Hey, Samantha!" I heard a voice say my name but couldn't exactly put a face to the voice. I looked around and soon found the one and only Charlie standing before me.

"Oh! Hi, Charlie," I blushed.

"Did you do the physics homework by any chance?"

I felt kind of disappointed. Why, I don't know. I didn't really like Charlie in that way but if he did happen to ask me out, I wouldn't shoot the poor boy down. Wouldn't want to hurt his feelings or anything.

"Uh, yeah. I'll pass it by you during lunch," I softly smiled.

"Great, thanks. You're a life saver." He shot me a bright smile as he ran down the hall, back to his group of friends.

I let out a breath of air, it hitting my strand of hair as I made my way to the economics room. I'll be sure to tell Lillian all about this oh so romantic moment. I swear that girl's mind is somewhere else about ninety percent of the time.