eight - big kiss

(don't forget to vote for faster chapter updates!!)

2016 was a pretty shitty year, to say the least.

I could only pray that 2017 turns out better but I know at the end of every year I say the same thing: well shit, it's over, and nothing changed.

I may have grown boobs over the past years, but that's all I got going for me, and they're not even that big.

Everyone always creates the same new year's resolution. Lose weight, find love, better myself, get better grades, anything. I tried to do that at first, set a path for myself, but by the second week of the year I'm stuffing my face with anything in sight.

I wasn't good with keeping promises, not even to myself. But I was able to keep this one: today is my date with Charlie.

I'm not quite sure why I did accept his date offer because at the party I just felt so sad seeing him kiss another girl, but I guess that has to do with me having some sort of feeling towards him. And I couldn't think of a better way to end the year.

Okay fine, Netflix sounds pretty cool, but I do need a social life.

I decided to call Lillian over so she could help me get ready for tonight, but I'm not so sure that this was a good idea. She was throwing all of my clothes on the floor, making my room turn into a complete pigsty.

"I knew I should've brought some options for you. Tonight is a big night – let's not forget New Year's Eve – you need to make the most out of it, especially for the big kiss," she huffed stilling shuffling through my clothes.

"Kiss? Lily it's the first date."

"And it's on New Year's Eve, who's bright idea was that?"

"Mine," I mumbled. "But it was the only day he had off of work, and away from family. Which sounds ridiculous because usually families are together for this day. But I'm not one to talk because my family isn't doing anything today."

"Neither is mine, so I'm actually quite mad at you that we can't go get wasted at some party," she sent me a small glare, and turned back to my closet and pulled out a blue dress.

The dress was a baby blue that went to my mid thighs. The sleeves were full length and at the end of them they flared out a bit. I forgot I even owned that thing.

"I love it," Lillian smiled at me, tossing it over.

"You expect me to wear this? Darling, it's about twenty degrees out," I looked at her bewildered.

"But, you'll look hella sexy while freezing your ass off. Plus, it's a good transition dress. Like if you go to a nice restaurant and then head to a booming party after."

"No," I said sternly, placing it down on the bed beside me.

"Please," she begged, interlocking her hands and giving me her best puppy dog eyes. How dare she.

She knows I can't resist that face. But I didn't budge. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked her dead in the eyes. I was standing my ground and there was no way I would be wearing that in this weather.

I could see a few tears escape her eyes as she soon sunk to the floor to her knees.

C'mon Sammie, you can do this.
.

.

.

"Okay fine!" I yelled, giving in to her. She smiled at me with satisfaction, stopping her watering eyes.