twelve - garbage can

Test week had finally finished and it was now the blissful weekend.

I sat in my bed, under my covers just staring at the ceiling. I've already done all I could do on my phone so now this is what I resulted to. But I'm not necessarily complaining. I found this quite enjoyable actually. But this was soon ruined when my best friend barged into my room.

"Alright, up and at 'em– okay the atmosphere in this room is depressing," she spoke, tugging the sheets off me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I screeched, the sudden blast of cold air hitting my body.

"Getting you off your ass? You're staring at your ceiling like a sack of potatoes; which is weird by the way. And we have boys to scope out today." She shrugged her shoulders already searching through my closet for something for me to wear.

"And I'm apart of this because?" I questioned, hugging myself to provide me warmth while standing up from my bed and slipping on my slippers to prevent me from stepping on the cold wood floor.

"My best friend should be there to support me. Plus you never know what could happen."

"I've had enough stress this week. I don't need anymore; especially involving boys," I shook my head in disagreement. I reached behind my door and grabbed my sweater, wrapping it around my body. Is the heat off or something?

"You won't have any stress, I promise. Now put these on, and meet me downstairs. If you're not down in fifteen minutes, I'll drag you down," Lillian smiled before sauntering out of my room and closing the door behind her to give me back my privacy.

I sighed in major discontent. This was not how I planned my weekend to start.

I shimmied into the jeans she gave me and threw on a blue sweatshirt over a white t-shirt. I searched through my shoes and decided on my regular ol' converse. I grabbed my phone and wallet then walked over to the bathroom across the hall to finish getting ready.

I looked at myself in the mirror, depressing myself with my features. My already pale skin was paler during the winter, my rosy cheeks the only thing showing color against my complexion. I also could see those infamous dark circles beginning to form again under my eyes. I knew I was tired and deserved to sleep, but my brain just didn't want to shut off, ever.

I covered them up the best I could with what concealer I had. And with one last glance in the mirror, I made my way downstairs.

"About time! I feel like an old lady now," my friend sarcastically commented. I rolled my eyes at her and wrote a note for my mother if I weren't home before her.

"Let's just get this over with."

-

"Who exactly are we looking for?" I asked as we pulled up to the mall.

"Calum invited me here with all of his friends. I declined because even I can take so much testosterone. But it's not like I can't still be here," she stated simply, holding the door open for me.

"To stalk him." I finished her sentence but got a glare in return.

"No. . . just staring from afar."

"Or, stalking him."

"Charlie's here too. So if I'm 'stalking' Calum, you're stalking Charlie." She tried pointing the truth on me but was that really working.