twentyfive - picks

School as usual was a drag. Especially on Monday, and especially with this contraption on my leg.

     I was given many confused looks and lots of questions as to how I nearly broke my ankle, and I stuck to the same story; being clumsy and slipping on ice.

     But besides that it was a peaceful day. Or what you can call a peaceful day in this school.

     Because Charlie and I were on okay terms now, all tensions between groups have minimized. Lillian and Calum have apologized to each other countlessly, which was nice but also sickening. Like before, they couldn't let each other go.

     Michael was the biggest hater, claims now there'll be less guy time with her back in the picture. I only laughed as he whined and complained the whole time during lunch.

     "They're just so icky! And now she'll be around again all the time, being icky at his house, my house, his car. . . Oh God! I may have sat in something!" He cried out, banging his head on the table. I patted his shoulder soothingly, trying to ease his pain. He was right, it was icky. Right now they sat across from us, and kept giving eskimo kisses. Like, what?

      The bell rang signaling the end of lunch, the rest of the day going faster than before. I bid goodbye to my friends at my locker and hurried to my brother that waited outside for me.

     "Jeez, could you have took any longer? I'm here for you, not me," he scoffed, zooming out of the parking lot.

     "Why don't you try running with crutches?" I remarked, hitting him on the shoulder.

      He rolled his eyes and continued to speed down the narrow road. I hated his driving. I was able to arrive to work– unscathed thankfully, three minutes before my shift started. Now I know Mary isn't one to fire if I'm a minute late, but I'm not one to show tardiness even if I don't get ridiculed. It's not in my nature.

     Before I even stepped foot into the store threshold, Harry raced off and probably back home to sleep. He's a bum.

     I made my way to the back and punched in my time card. I grabbed my vest off a hook and put it on, my name tag still in tact. I heard the bell to the store ding, meaning a customer has walked in. I made my way to the front of the store and saw a boy, maybe a few years older than me, standing in the doorway, placing his sunglasses on the top of his head and looking around.

      "Hi, can I help you?" I asked the guy, stepping closer.

      "Uh, yeah, is Mary here?" He questioned. I didn't know she was looking for more employees.

      "Not yet, she probably just went to lunch. She should be back soon though. Anything I can help you with?"

      "No, Mary is my grandmother and I just need to speak with her. I'll just look around until she comes back," he pointed in the direction of the albums and walked away. I shrugged my shoulders and moved to behind the counter. I sat on the stool and helped the one other person in here ring their products up.

      I glanced at the boy that roamed through the aisles of music, slightly mesmerized by him. Yes, I'm a horrible person because I like Luke, but a girl can dream can't she?

      His short hair sat on his head in curls that looked fun to run my fingers through. He was tall, lean, muscular from what I could see under his shirt, and overall just a beauty.

      Leo, the other worker here, said goodbye as he left the store after his shift ended. Leo was nice. Lemon colored blonde hair and the softest brain eyes, but he was sometimes a jerk. He liked to be in control of things sometimes. Like when Mary leaves early or is at lunch, he takes it upon himself to take charge and rule the place. Not like there's much to rule.