twentythree - left, right

Getting ready for tonight wasn't exactly my idea of fun. I didn't know where Luke was taking me and although I could've asked him, just two seconds ago, a little mystery seemed enticing. But, the struggle that came along with it, is that I in fact have no clue what to wear.

     I knew Luke liked to eat, but I had a feeling this wasn't going to be a cheesy restaurant or movie kind of date. At least I hoped.

     I would ask for help from Lillian or Olivia, but the less anyone knows about any of this for right now, is best.

I searched through my closet high and low for the perfect first date outfit. Possibilities are endless and I just can't seem to wrap my brain around one.

I finally had decided that because it was cold, I was going to go for a pair of leggings, an oversized sweater, and a pair tall UGGS that I would roll down. It was simple, it was cute, it was just fine.

     It was three by the time I picked out my outfit, so I decided to go and take a shower to kill some time. It doesn't take me long at all to get ready so I had no clue what to do with myself in the meantime.

I waited until I was a prune to leave the shower. Also because Harry was on the decibel level of screaming at me to get out of the bathroom. I wanted to get to the bottom of this anger that resonated in both guys.

     I began to get ready, seeing as Luke should be here in an hour-and-a-half or so. I blow dried my hair, making sure it was completely dry so I didn't have any malfunctions when straightening my hair.

     After doing so, I applied my makeup first then straightened my hair, then put my outfit on. I was able to do all of this and still have about ten minutes to spare. I was a pro at this, let's not even try to lie.

The next thing I know, I have a message from Luke on my phone that he's outside. Thank God Harry's room is at the back of the house because this way he wouldn't see Luke's car either. I may be a little too paranoid about this, but you don't know my brother. Did you see how he was when I was in the shower?

     I bid goodbye to my mom, and walked out of the house without a hint of suspicion. While my brother and– sometimes– I can see things that can't be seen by the naked eye, my mother can be quite oblivious to things that are handed to her on a silver platter. Got to love Fran.

     I spotted Luke's Honda Civic across the road and hurried over to get out of the bitter cold. I opened the door and hopped in, shutting the door quickly.

"Hey," he said, grabbing ahold of my hand on the middle console.

"Hi," I smiled.

He let go of my hand for a second to put the car in drive, then latched his back with mine. I could feel his thumb stroke against the back of my hand softly as he turned onto the main road.

     "Do I get to know where we're going?" I question, looking around my surroundings to see if I know where we could be heading.

     "No," he stated, smirking my way.

     "Awe, c'mon. Don't be a cliché," I pouted.

     "Ah, but those are the best stories," he informed sending now a cheeky grin my way.

I turned up the small hum of the radio, and looked out the window. The sun was just under the horizon, a small pink glow still showing under the dark blue. The moon shone bright throughout the star sprinkled sky, calming my nerves about tonight in the slightest.