thirteen - new girl

"Do it yourself."

"Come on!"

"No."

"Just once!"

"You're funny if you think I'm going to."

Lillian looked at me with a deadpan expression, not amused by me at all. Not that that's what I was going for anyhow.

"Just tell the girl, to back off." She jutted out her lip, doing a typical doggy-face.

"It's not my problem," I reasoned, munching on my french fry.

"If this was your problem, I would do it!"

"But it's not, so you aren't. Just go up to her and say 'Sorry, that's my man'." I stated, glancing over at the brunette flirting with Calum.

"But I don't want him to think I'm being possessive! Like he can flirt with whomever, it's not like we're exclusive," she sighed, staring at the two behind us.

I closed my eyes to process what Lillian just said, feeling like I didn't hear her right.

"So if you don't care, why are you so antsy," I questioned the slowly-getting-on-my-nerves girl in front of me.

"Because! . . . I don't know but any girl feels offended when their boo is flirting with someone else," she pointed out, slamming her hand on the table.

"So then it's your job to stop her from getting your "boo"," I shrugged.

"What if I tell you she's now flirting with Charlie," Lillian points, making me turn around. She was right; whoever the hell this girl was, was no flirting with my boo!

"Now, I step in," I grunted. I got up from my seat and smoothed down my shirt, sauntering over to the boys table.

Michael was the first to acknowledge my presence, nodding in my direction as he continued to work on what seemed to be homework.

"Hey guys," I started, smiling down at the bunch below me. The girl then noticed me, but didn't falter in anyway. She simply smiled at me.

"Hi! I'm Olivia, but please, call me Liv," she introduced, sticking out her hand for a shake. I accepted, returning the favor in introducing myself.

"You must be new around here."

"I am. Just got here a week ago. I was just asking Charlie, here, if he could show me around. He's in my English class so it's nice to see a familiar face," she grinned.

"Well, me and my friend, Lillian," I began, looking back in the direction of our table to point out my beloved friend, "would be happy to show you around. Get you away from these fellas for as long as possible. Keep your sanity," I laughed. She didn't quite understand so she just looked at me with a blank face, to which I now felt embarrassed.

"Alright, anyway. Think about it, we'll be over there." And with that I walked away.

"So? How'd you tell her off?" Lillian pushed, glaring at the girl behind me.

"I didn't. I offered we would show her around school."

Lillian began to cough hysterically, to which I just rolled my eyes. Drama queen.

"But, I'm not so sure she'll accept the offer. I'm receiving mixed signals from her," I admitted.

The whole being comfortable around those guys, but then just seeming to not be comfortable around me, of all people, is just a bit iffy.