fifteen - son of a bitch

Lillian tugged hard on my backpack, moving quickly through the gaping crowd. Olivia yelled at all who tried stepping closer to me, in fear of me breaking down. I looked behind me to see the boy I thought I really liked, walking away in an angry state, shoving some poor kid into a locker. We stepped out of the school, and I quickly walked over to Lillian's car, not wanting to be near this horrid place any more.

Today was supposed to be fantastic. It was supposed to be great. I didn't see a falter anywhere in sight. But nature always needs to find a balance.

With that good, came the unforgivable. The heartbreaking moment of it all, is that it felt right. I felt fine afterwards, not like most girls. I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders, but like a wave of depression just washing over me in return.

Lillian could see it in my eyes, along with Olivia. They saw dullness in my eyes. It didn't feel like my heart had been stomped on or anything, it was all just. . . fine.

We drove fifteen minutes into the heart of town, to the best pizzeria around. It was also good because my shift tonight started at four, so I was already close by to work, not making life any harder. Although, work didn't seem ideal in this moment.

They sat down in the booth across from me, ready for some explaining on my behalf.

"I'm glad I got there by the end of it, I don't know what would have happened," Lillian sighed in relief, grabbing onto my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"But, please explain," Olivia pushed, receiving a harsh stare from Lillian. "What, you're thinking it too, I'm just saying it."

I looked at the two girls across from me, and took a deep breath before getting to the story.

"Well. . ."

5 hours ago

"Remember, you have work at four!" My mom called after me, as I walked up the main stairs to school.

"Yeah, I got it, Mom!" I waved over my shoulder and headed into the school lobby, making my way through the hallways to my locker.

I dodged the scrambling students making their way to class, and ducked under the football the jocks were throwing. I wound up at my locker, only to be greeted by a not so discreet couple, engaged in the act of heatedly making out; on my locker.

I cleared my throat, rather loudly, but to no avail they still were focused on their tongues in each other's mouths. I waited kindly to see if in the next few seconds they would run out of breath. Which, again wasn't working. Growing rather frustrated I finally opened my mouth.

"Excuse me," I spoke, making my presence known. The guy looked up first, giving me a dirty look.

"Beat it," He grunted, going back to his girl.

I licked my lips in annoyance, my patience running thin.

"It's half past seven in the morning and I'm not in the mood. Run along, before I make you," I remarked, crossing my arms over my chest. I think Lillian was really rubbing off on me.

The girl now broke the kiss and gave me a look of disgust before grabbing her beau's hand and sauntering off to some other part of the building. But before she got too out of range I could hear her call me a 'bitch'. Ah, teenagers.