thirty - date place

(please excuse any errors i rushed this!)

My second date with Luke was tonight. I felt more nervous this time around, and I don't know why. I felt comfortable with him now, so I didn't know why anxiety rushed through my veins.

      School rushed by which was a surprise. With graduation only weeks away, school has been the slowest it ever has been.

Olivia's been trying to make plans for tonight but each time I shot her down. I know she's fine with Luke and I, but I will never be too sure. I did only meet her like a month or two ago.

During math, because I shot down her ideas for tonight, she's been pestering me about what I was doing. She claims each time I denied her offers, I had a small smile on my face. Which I wouldn't put past me because Luke makes me happy.

"So where ya going?" She piped up, leaning back in her chair, waiting for the final bell to ring. Our teacher was kind enough to let us sit for the remaining two minutes in class.

"I told you, my mother has something planned," I shrugged, packing away my things.

"Your birthday isn't for another, week. I know, because it happens to fall on the same day as prom. So you're mother is no way 'planning something' a week ahead, that involves you. So spill," she stated. And just like that famous saying goes; saved by the bell.

I stood up and hurried out of the classroom leaving Olivia's interrogation for just moments to catch my breath. I heard her call my name as I trekked to my locker.

I opened my locker and swapped anything I needed and as soon as I closed it, Olivia stood staring me down.

"You're ditching me for him?" She asked appalled. I gave her a small smile and walked towards the front of the school.

"Is he going to be your prom date too?" She somewhat joked. I glanced at her, making her stop dead in her tracks.

"You're joking! What, am I gonna be a third wheel?" She huffed and stomped down the steps of the school and towards her car. I followed behind her laughing to myself.

"You can go with Michael. You two are close aren't you?" I questioned, opening her passenger door.

"I guess so, but it's different because he's not my actual date, because, hello, gay," she pointed to herself, making me chuckle. I think once a day it would always come up in one of our conversations on how she's a lesbian.

Before I could respond to that, I heard a voice call our names. I turned to my right, to see Lillian walking across the parking lot and over to us. I sighed, and put on a fake smile, just to appeal to her.

     "Uh, hey guys," Lillian spoke, scratching the back of her neck.

     Olivia did a head nod towards her and I still simply smiled at her, not wanting to really talk.

     She cleared her throat, trying to ease the tension. "I'm going prom dress shopping tomorrow, if, erm, you guys would like to come."

     I looked towards Olivia who shrugged her shoulders. I wouldn't want to go alone, that's for sure. I turned back towards Lillian and nodded my head. "We'll meet you at the mall."

     "Now, please, step away before I run over your feet with my car," Olivia announced, putting the car in reverse. Lillian stepped away and pursed her lips together. I could tell she wanted to cry but for the sake of the what little reputation she had left in this school, she held her tears back.

She zoomed out of the parking lot and towards the direction of my house. I noticed that no one was home today, which I was relieved. I felt like I never got a moment alone in that house.