twentyfour - chopsticks

Luke drove somewhat quickly to the next destination. I was confused as to where we were going seeing as I've never been this far into the back of town. It looked like a suspicious neighborhood so I really wondered where we were going.

After a few more minutes in the car, we drove into a parking garage to a quite nice I'm assuming apartment building. Again, this was quite suspicious seeing as where it was in town.

"Luke, where are we?" I wondered, opening the car door. He walked to my side and helped me out before responding.

"So you know how I haven't been around lately?" He asked, handing me my crutches.

"No, but go on," I chuckled. He laughed too, pressing the button to the elevator. It instantly dinged open allowing us entrance. Luke pressed the button to the third floor.

"And how me and your brother came in angry today?" He continued on, looking over at me.

"I do recall."

"Well, Harry and I decided it was time to move out and get a place to ourselves. Of course there were some issues with the place, a couple were dying to have it and wouldn't stop without putting up a fight. Clearly, we won though."

I widened my eyes in pure shock. I never thought I'd live to see the day. But only at age twenty-one, I wouldn't see why it would be so bad to live at home. Or in Luke's case, someone else's home.

"That's great! Well, besides the part about the trouble you guys had, but now I won't see you as much anymore, but that's okay, because you were kinda getting stale," I teased. He rolled his eyes jokingly at my comment and stepped away from me. The elevator doors swung open on our arrival to the third floor, letting us out. I was careful not to hit my crutches on the doors and stepped out in one piece.

Luke turned right so I followed after him until he stopped at a door labeled 307. It was a white door that looked kind of worn down, the gold of the numbers slowly fading away.

He pulled a key out of his pocket and slid it into the lock on the door, the two fitting perfectly. He turned the key to the left, and pushed the door open, revealing a hallway that led to the rest of the apartment. I was in love with it already. He flicked on the slight switch by the door, lights illuminating the once dark space.

The walls of the hallway were plaster, but the living room/dining room/kitchen, were surrounded by brick. Reminded my of a beautiful apartment I used to dream of having in New York. Typical, but what else do seven year olds dream of besides clichés.

The floor was an old looking which made it look antique. When you step into the apartment there's a bathroom to the right and closet to the left but when you step into the living room there's a huge window up ahead. And to the right wall closest to the window that led to a bedroom, and another door on the opposite side of the wall that led to another. Luke says he got the room with the connected bathroom and gloated about it, saying he beat Harry for it in a simple rock, paper, scissors match.

"Luke, this place is. . . astonishing. I'm quite envious right now," I admitted. Of course there wasn't any furniture in here yet because I'm assuming they just bought the place, but I didn't choose to complain and ruin the moment.

"You think so?" He asked sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I know so," I stated, smiling at him.

     "And listen, I know we haven't got much time left, but because you haven't ate yet, I already had ordered Chinese. Sorry it's cold." He opened the refrigerator in the kitchen and revealed a small stash of, yes, Chinese food.