seven - christmas

(ahsoiwns im so late i'm so sorry i'm a terrible writer and person i've just had a loottttt going on recently so i'm also sorry for the crappy and all over the place chapter. but please do enjoy)

"And there," I sighed in satisfaction, stepping down the stepladder. I had hung the final piece of garland around the dining room, making this house look just a bit more festive.

I packed away non-necessities and brought them back down to the basement until we needed them for when we clean everything up.

I hurried back up the steps as my basement was very creepy and made sure to lock the door behind. Of course my brother decided his little run to the grocery was enough for him so he made his way back to his room and didn't bother to come back out until dinner was ready. And that was yesterday.

"Oh honey, the house looks marvelous. What lucky I am to have a daughter like you," my mother gushed as she saw my work. She gave me a kiss on the cheek before heading into the den to continue watching TV while the ham was cooking for tonight.

A whole bunch of family and friends were coming because the Laughlin's are practically a soup kitchen the holiday season. I mean we may not let homeless people into our house but you get the gist.

I decided to run up to my own room because I needed time to get ready for tonight.

I noticed Luke wasn't here today – probably at his own damn house for once. At least I could avoid him for one day. I glanced down at my bracelet from the brief thought of him. He had put it under the tree before he left this morning. I feel bad though because he didn't get the chance to receive my gift for him; it was just a measly watch though compared to this Pandora bracelet. I have no clue why he even got it for me because we were never the closest of two. But I heard him moaning and groaning about needing a new watch so that's why I got it for him.

Sammie, you need to be focused on Christmas not Luke, my inner thoughts reminded me. And that would be the last I unintentionally think of him tonight.

-

"Sammie, get your brother and go get ready. People will be here in just an hour," my mom scolded, rushing off to touch up her makeup.

"I'm already ready. . ." I muttered to myself as I made my way back up the stairs to fetch my brother whom I still haven't seen all day.

"Harry get your ass out of bed and ready for Christmas dinner!" I yelled at him through his door.

"Leave me alone! You'll see me in an hour," he called back, a trace of fatigue in his voice. Must've woke him up.

Bored and alone for another hour. I have no idea what to do.

"Sammie! Could you go to the store and get some more items for tonight that I forgot a few days ago! We've somehow skipped over to get chips, dip, and drinks. I think I'm losing my marbles," my mom mumbled the last part to herself but I couldn't help but laugh. It was true, she was losing her marbles.

"Sure, might as well go flaunt my beauty to people other than family."

"You're the best, I don't know what I'd do without you," she kissed my cheek and lightly pushed me towards the door.

"Okay, Mom, I'm going."

"Just helping," she smiled before shoving me out the door and slamming the door closed behind me.

"Well that was unnecessary," I muttered. I began walking to the market at the end of the street when I felt a cold chill run over my spine. I didn't even grab a jacket.