five - stockings

"We look hot."

Lillian finished the last curl of her hair before turning to face me and smiling wildly. She looked hot, not me.

I kept my hair the usual and did my makeup a slightly more intense, just adding a winged eyeliner to my natural look. And seeing how this look doesn't give me any attention, I'm sure the wing won't add any effect.

"You do," I stated, stepping into my heels.

"We do. C'mon, have a little confidence in yourself. Your hot no matter what," Lillian smiled, giving me a soft punch in the shoulder.

"You only say that because you're my best friend."

"Honey, I'm brutally honest with people and you know that. Even you. I wouldn't lie."

"Thanks," I sheepishly smiled. I then attempted to stand up in these contraption, but to no avail, I fell right back down onto my bed.

"Should I put stockings on or no?"

"Uh – It's probably cold out and with that short of a dress I think stockings could help a bit."

"Okay."

After that, we did final touches to our look and headed out to what was to be the biggest party of the year.

-

When we arrived the typical scenery was in place where students were spread throughout the front lawn, totally hammered, throwing up, and making out. And if that wasn't worse enough, some kid literally fell on top of me and wouldn't get up until about five minutes passed. In all honesty I think he passed out. Tonight already was not going my way.

"That had to be the best part of the night so far." Lillian laughed as we walked through the front door. Music was blasting, pounding against the white colored walls. Kids were in what looked like the big living room, sweating, grinding, and what looks like basically having sex. I don't fit in here at all, I don't understand why I'm here.

"Try to let loose! Go find Charlie! Meet me back here in about an hour and if you're still depressed we'll go home!" Lillian shouted over the music. I nodded my head diligently and we soon departed into the crowd.

I made my way through the house to find the quieter part, where kids were just talking. Some stood off in the corner smoking, but that was okay.

I stood around awkwardly sending a small hello to anyone I noticed.

I sat down on a chair in the corner of the room, overlooking everyone and eavesdropping on all the drama.

Getting bored after about ten minutes, I felt quite parched so I got up from my spot to venture towards the kitchen.

This house was so big it was quite astonishing. Walking through the many hallways to get to the kitchen I saw a bunch of family portraits of the Preston family, looking so happy like they had no care in the world. But from what I hear, there's so much family drama, that no one is practically home anymore. But that's what I hear from irrelevant and stupid teenagers.

After what seemed like forever I made it to the back of the house where the kitchen was located. The hard bass of the song softly being emitted throughout the room.

I looked through cooler upon cooler and finally landed on an unopened bottle of water.

There was hardly anyone in here which was surprising because usually in the kitchen is where all the kids mingle while they drink shots upon shots upon shots. But I guess not every party is the same.