nineteen - I'm gonna faint

I went to bed that night, not worried about the lack of sleep I'll be receiving. I felt if I were to close my eyes and drift into oblivion, all events that just happened would vanish into thin air, leaving me with a blank mind.

     That's why I sat staring at the clock in front of me as it went on through time, hour after hour until the morning sun rays began to illuminate my pink room.

My phone alarm began to screech around the room, causing Lillian to jolt awake beside me. I turned to shut it off, the infamous sound silencing.

"Good morning," she grumbled, rubbing her eyes free of sleep.

"If you say so," I muttered. She looked over to me, furrowing her eyebrows.

"What's that mean?" She quizzed, sitting upright.

I glanced over at her, and shrugged. "Just didn't get any sleep."

"You sure you want to get to school today? You seem really tired," she said worriedly.

"I'll be fine. Anyways, I got a physics test, can't miss it," I yawned, stretching out of bed.

She rolled her eyes, but decided not to push the topic any further. She walked over to my dresser, opening the bottom drawer which was half filled with her clothes. She grabbed her outfit for today, then sauntered out of my room and into the bathroom across the hall.

I followed in her footsteps, and raked through my closet for something somewhat acceptable. I finally decided on just a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt that was in the far corner of my closet. I chucked on a pair of black riding boots and left my outfit at that. I sat at my desk across from the small mirror and placed on the minimal makeup of my routine.

"You almost ready?" Lillian piped up from the doorway.

"Yeah, just have to brush my hair and teeth," I informed. She nodded her head then went downstairs I presumed.

     After doing just that, I grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs. I spotted Lillian on the couch on her phone, sprawled out in a very un-womanly manner, causing me to chuckle.

"You ready, Patrick Star?" I teased. She fake laughed, rolling her eyes then getting to her feet.

I saw movement from the corner of my eye, making me turn my head to see who it was that would be up this early in the morning besides us. Of course, it was Luke. Just the person I didn't want to see in the early hours of the morning– although I guess I already did see him this morning. This is too much thinking on no sleep.

He caught me staring at him, causing him to smirk. He proceeded to lick his sweet lips, then with nothing more, walked past me and upstairs. Not before brushing his hand against my thigh. I shuttered at the feeling.

"C'mon let's go, Lill." I rushed, hurrying her and myself out of the house.

"Is there something going on that I don't know about?" She asked, as I locked the door behind me.

"Not that I can think of," I denied.

She squinted her eyes at me as she unlocked her car. But before she got in, she looked at me like she had won a million dollars.

"There so is! What is it?" She gushed, tapping onto the hood of her car.

"Lillian, it's seven in the morning, lower your voice," I hissed. My neighbors weren't the kindest of people. Any noise of disturbance and the police would be here in an instant.