Knitted Blanket

Both Eleven's adoptive mother (Joyce Hopper) and her adoptive grandmother started to teach Eleven how to knit.
************
El was reading one of Mike's comic books when Mike came down to the basement, tears running down his cheeks.

"Mike?" El asked, looking up from reading the comic. She put the comic on the table and Mike walked over to El and collapsed next to her, and hugged her and started sobbing into her shoulder.

El ran her fingers through her boyfriend's fluffy and slightly curly dark hair, feeling her heart break as he continued to sob.

"Mike? Why are you crying?" She asked, continued to run her fingers through his hair.

"My mom found the blanket I had when I was little. And it has all moth holes in them." He says, continuing to sob. El then lays back on the sofa with Mike in her arms. Until he cried himself to sleep.

El was soon enough able to get out of Mike's arms (not that she wanted to) and headed up the basement stairs and saw Karen with Mike's old blanket on her lap.

"Karen?" She quietly asked, popping her head around the corner. Karen looked at his baby boy's girl with tears in her eyes. "I can make Mike a remake - kind of - of Mike's blanket." El asked.

"El, sweetie." Karen placed a comforting hand on El's back. "If you made a blanket for Mike, he would love it because it came from you."
************
- Christmas Day -
************
El walked up the steps (as she always sleeps in her blanket fort or with Mike after a nightmare) from the basement with Mike's Christmas present in hand.

"Merry Christmas, El." Mike smiled, giving El a snuggly, squishy hug.

"Merry Christmas, Mike." El smiled as well, handing Mike his Christmas present.

"El, you didn't have to get me any-" Mike stopped talking when he saw the new blanket from El. "El, you didn't have to do this." He smiled, hugging his girlfriend again.

El shrugged her shoulders, smiling as Mike smiled at his blanket in hand. "I love it! Thank you, El." Mike put a sweet and loving kiss on El's cheek and cradled her in his arms, with the blanket wrapped around then.

'Told you so.' Karen Wheeler mouthed behind her son's back.
***********************************
Published: Tuesday 22nd November 2016 ❤