Alternative Universe - No Powers p.4

Jane hadn't spoken to Mike in months, Thanksgiving and Christmas passed, as did Valentine's Day, Spring Break, Summer Break and Hallowe'en.

It was coming up to an entire year of her not speaking to him and vica versa.

★★★

"Mike, you have to speak to her," Will said, following his best friend to Mike's locker.

"Why should I? She ditched me!" Mike exclaimed, before he was pushed against the locker. Expecting to see Troy, he saw little Jane Hopper - she was recently adopted by Chief Hopper.

"I was sick, you asshole. I was so sick, I ended up in hospital, NEVER talk shit about me again. Do you understand?" Jane growled, holding him by his collar.

"Yeah, whatever," Mike scoffed, holding it in his puppy dog love struck eyes. No matter what, he'd still worship the ground she walks on.

Jane glares at him before letting go of his collar, and storming out of the school.

★★★

Jane was still fuming when she walked out of school, and saw little Holly Wheeler, sat on the bench.

"Holly? What are you doing here?" Jane asked, sitting next to the toddler.

"Waiting for mama and Mikey, Miss. Ives," Holly said politely, the gap in her teeth making her sound like Dustin.

"I'm a Hopper now, the Chief," Holly nodded, remembering the tall man, "he adopted me, my mama couldn't take care of me anymore," Jane explained, a small piece of her aching for her mama.

"I'm sorry, Janey," Holly said, hugging the girl who sometimes babysits her, and avoids her big brother.

"Come on, let's go see where your mama is, yeah?" Jane asked, standing up and holding her hand out for Holly.

★★★

Holly stood by the phone booth, as Jane suddenly started slinging insults as her daddy. Holly's daddy wasn't the best man, but he was there in her life.

"Oh, screw you too, asshole!" She shouted, slamming the phone on its stand, multiple times, before letting it sit.

"Daddy's not a helpful man," Holly said, as her and Jane walked to the parking lot, where Jane's bike and Hopper's truck sat.

"Hopper and me were going to the Byers tonight, you know Will's family?" Holly nodded excitedly, having been looked after by Joyce a few times. "You wanna come with us?" Jane just couldn't leave her in the parking lot on her own.

★★★

As Jane pushed her bike, with Holly sat on it, she heard the loud shout of Michael Wheeler.

"What the hell are you doing with my little sister!?" He stormed to Jane, as Holly stood behind her, scared of her brother at the moment.

"She's coming to the Byers with me and Hopper, and then her mama can get her," Jane said, loading her bike into the back and her hand rested where Holly's clutched her skirt.

"Hey, Jane? Are you coming to mine for dinner?" Will asked, as he pushed his bike to where the girl stands. "Hi, Holls," Will swished the little girl's blonde pigtails.

"Obviously, you wanna lift?" Jane asked, ignoring Mike, no matter how much it ached her heart just to hug him.

"Thanks," Will said, smiling, putting his bike in the back and taking Holly into the police car.

Jane rolled her eyes at Mike and walked into the police car.

"Hey, Jane?" Mike asked, it had been far to long, since she'd spoken to him and he'd received a happy smile off her. "I'm sorry,"

Jane smiled, apologised in return and climbed in the car, driving away.

He'd done it, he was back on her good side, and maybe one day, as her boyfriend.