Overgrown Tree

Mike, El, Lucas, Dustin, Will, Jonathan, Nancy and Steve were hiding out in a cabin as a 'large overgrown tree' as Dustin put it.

The loud screech of the monster sent shivers down all their spines (even El, who is the strongest and the most powerful girl/person out of the 8 of them, every time that the creature screeched, El curled over in pain - losing energy as it screeched).

Mike and El were sat on a single bed with the duvet tucked over the both of them. Lucas, Dustin and Will were under the comforters and blankets as if it would block out the screech of the monster.

Jonathan was sat with Nancy, who was sat huddled in his lap, shaking slightly. And Steve was watching the monster out of the window.

El's eyes scanned the room and then saw a box of old weapons - guns, bullets, Steve's baseball bat with nails and grenades. Her eyebrows crinkled and she got out from under the covers and walked temptingly over to the box.

"El?" Mike asked as the warmth from his left disappeared, and she rummaged through the box. Steve's baseball bat was moved so she didn't stab the nails in her hands.

A grenade bounced in her hand and a small smirk graced her lips and she left the slightly large room.

"El!" Mike's voice started to panic. He pushed the cover off him, tumbled out of the bed and ran after her.

El stopped just before the door, which was open a crack. When they got in, they'd shut the door and bolted it.

"El? What are you doing?" Mike asks, holding her cheeks in his hands, they both looked back and forth in the others eyes.

"Finished," El said Mike knew she was going to kill the overgrown tree, much like she killed the Demogorgon and disappeared into black ash. He wouldn't be able to cope with that pain again.

"No." Mike gently her wrist in his hand. "No, El. I've already lost you once. I'm not losing you again." Mike said, running his hand over her soft face and rested his forehead against hers.

The person that walked through the door was Hopper, who had a large military gun over his back. Joyce (as always) was stuck to his side.

"El, you can go out there and crush it like a bug. I'd lose you completely, it'd kill you. El, please don't leave me." Mike reaches over and brushes his hand along her soft cheek.

El took one look into Mike's eyes and crumbled.