Alternate Universe - No Powers

Jane Ives. Just her name sent shivers down his spine and his heart thudding. She was his dream girl. But she was totally out of his league.

Her curly hair was always held back by a headband, that varies in colour or style everyday, she doesn't follow trends, sometimes she will, but it's different things (whether it's in fashion or not) she'll wear it.

Michael Wheeler was hopelessly in love with Jane Ives.

★★★

He watched, out of the corner of his eye, as she walked past him and his little party. Yet, she stopped.

"I heard you got a new Heathkit, how is it?" She smiled, crossing her arms over a baggy jumper, that had James Ives written across the right side.

"Jane!" Came the whining voice of her 'friends'. "We're going to the mall, now," they demanded and Jane rolled her eyes.

"Just go without me, I don't need anything else," she brushed them off, as Will explained (quietly) the improvements from their last Heathkit. The girls scoffed, despite being in middle school, their heels clacked along the polished floor.

"How did you know we got a new Heathkit?" Lucas asked, standing tall and protective over his friends.

"Woah, calm down, Casanova. My older brother was in the AV Club when he was here. I was gonna tell him about it, plus I overheard Mr. Clarke going on about it," Jane explained, rolling her eyes at Lucas before smiling at the small Byers boy.

Dustin launched into a conversation about their new Heathkit, with Jane taking notes and nodding - like she's interested.

★★★

The boys had teased him for months, over his crush on Jane, now they were supportive and were trying to get them together.

"Hey, Wheeler," Jane said, smiling at the freckled boy. Her heart fluttered in her chest, she didn't speak to the boys so much, and felt like she should - but admired Mike, just out of shear adorableness.

"H-hey, J-Jane," he stuttered, looking at his shoes. Jane giggled at his embarrassment.

"Your Nancy's little brother?" She asks, her focus zooming in on Mike. The boy nodded, he hated being referred as Nancy's little brother and not as Mike. "She's tutoring my little brother in Math, he's shit at it,"

Mike smiled, surprised that she's sort of letting him into her life. This made his racing heart feel like a motor engine.

"I heard your little sister, Holly, is it?" Mike nods. "She got chicken pocks?" Mike looked confused. "Nancy told me, can you tell your mama that if she wants, I can babysit Holly for her? I've already had chicken pocks when I was a baby, I'll be ok," Jane asks, looking at Mike.

"O-of course," he said, nodding.

"Thank you, Mike," Jane smiled, before looking at her pink calculator watch. "Shit, I'm gonna be late! Bye guys, thanks again, Mike," she kissed his cheek and ran out of the school.