Let's Get You Home

Mike, Dustin and Lucas were biking past the woods, the first place they met El - and the first time Mike found his heart, Mike slowed down slightly and looked into the woods.

"Mike, she's gone. She's not coming back." Lucas said, he didn't want his best friend getting his hopes up.

"But what if she is coming back. I mean, she... I..." Mike couldn't bring himself to say the three little words that spoke how he felt about El. He missed her more and more every day. And as he missed her, he was slowly shutting down/shutting out his friends and family. Everyone knew he would continue to let his heart break, until he had El in his arms and his heart was repaired.

Dustin gave a hard glare to Lucas, even he could see how upset Mike was without El. In the space of a week, she became his whole world, stars and the universe.

Will looked at Mike. Will was the one Mike always went to when he was upset and missing El - which was all the time. Mike never did talk to Dustin or Lucas about how much he missed her and wanted her to come home, because he knew that Lucas and Dustin would tease him.

Little Will Byers let his bike drop to the floor and hugged Mike tightly as tears started rolling down his cheeks.

"I just want her to come home." He sobbed. Almost like someone was actually listening to him, Dustin looked into the woods when he heard a russle of leaves.

He smiled when he saw a small, scared girl, her hair longer since they saw her last. "Oh my god." He mumbled, pushing Lucas and pointed to the girl.

"Oh my god." Lucas said, making Mike took over and gasp loudly.

"El?" He whispers, thinking that if he spoke in a louder volume it would scare her off.

There stood by a tree, leaning heavily on it, was the girl on Mike's affection. El. Her hair had gone from its odd buzzcut when they first met her, and it's now a 'pretty pixie cut' as Nancy would say. The pink dress she was wearing, was now tattered, shredded at the bottom, and covered in dirt. The jacket that Hopper had given her was missing, the athletic socks where muddy and ripped, and the trainers that adorned her feet were gone.

Mike slowly makes his way over to her, he holds his hand out, carefully. When El's hand came out in return, Mike slowly when a little quicker to get to her.

El leaned away from the tree and started to sway slightly before nearly collapsing to the floor.

Mike reflexes where quick and sudden as he reached out and caught her in his arms and smiled happily down at her.

"El! Hi!" Mike whispered, running his fingers through her pixie cut.

She smiled weakly up at him, blood escaping from her nose and ear, at the sight of this. Dustin ran over and put El on the back of Mike's bike.

Mike raced after one of his best friend's carrying the object of his affection's back to his bike. He climbed on and instantly El's arms were tightly around his waist.

"Let's get you home."

Published: Tuesday 7th March 2017