Unplanned Pregnancy AU

Mike = 17
Jane 'El' = 16

✨✨✨

It had been a week since El had missed her period, and not only was it worrying El, but Max as well.

"Honey, have you and Mike ever done it?" Max asks as El puts her books in her locker at the end of the day.

"Yeah... You don't think I'm...?" El looks at Max, scared. She was 16! She wasn't old enough to be a mother to a child, she was just a child herself - that's what Hopper tells her anyway.

"I don't know, maybe you should take a test, just to be sure?" Max suggested, wanting to be quick as she saw Mike walk around the corner and smile when he saw his girlfriend's face stood by her locker.

El nodded and was suddenly wrapped up in a hug and saw a pale young man with freckles like stars and dark hair out of the corner of her eye.

"Hey, you," Mike said, kissing her cheek. "I haven't seen you all day,"

"I'm still not feeling well, Mike," El looked up at him over her shoulder.

"Are you sure you don't want to go see Dr Owens?" Mike offered, putting the back of his hand on her forehead, the same why Kate would go to him or then why Jim would do to her.

"It might just be the flu that's going around," she lied, despite following her precious rule of 'friends don't lie' she felt like she could be saving Mike the heartbreak if she wasn't...

✨✨✨

The timer Max had set for 5 minutes, rang around the bathroom, which made El burst into sobs.

"Do you want me to check it?" Max offered, watching the fragile girl next to her nod her head - slightly not wanting to know her 'fate'.

Two. Pink. Lines.
Pregnant.